AK Rifles banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
you don't need a cheek riser you need a better sight/mount that suits the rifle. ultimak type mount + red dot and you will be good low enough for proper cheeckweld. and it will even co-witness with iron sights.

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Airsoft

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
good point on having AR-15 instead of AK as a LEO. you want to have what works best for the purpose/situation/environment/setting and as a LEO in this country with an AK, milled one to boot, you will receive nothing but raised eyebrows at best. unless you are not in US - your user info is missing that part. anyways if you don't mind being unfolded all the time then there is another good option - Midwest side mount on QD and aimpoint red dot or alike clone.
that one is my personal favorite choice simply because i don't like my red dots too small or too far forward. I'd rather have more balanced setup with additional weight between two support points, not in front of them. with that being said my AK has stamped receiver that is far lighter than your milled one with that abomination of a stock that bulgarians cobbled together. this setup also works nice with cheek weld and also co-witnesses although on lower 1/3 and not absolute. which is fine for most things.
But yeah if i had to lug a rifle around as a duty weapon i would go with AR-15 = very solid platform and tons more customization with much more ease, beats AK in that respect always.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts