AK Rifles banner

Are you interested in a G3 Barreled Action?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forum Members,

Checking the water to see if there is a desire for G3 Barreled Actions. One of our vendors is potentially ramping up to offer:

- US Manufactured G3 Receiver (Early Receiver with Round Rails and does not support Retracting Stock unless modified)
- US Manufactured Weldment Kit
- US Manufactured G3 Trunnion
- US Manufactured G3 Cocking Tube
- US Manufactured G3 Barrel
- US Manufactured G3 Front Sight (Triple Frame)

Completely assembled and ready for you to complete with your parts. Basically plug and play and no gunsmithing required to complete.

Assembly comes parkerized and finished with Duracoat HK Black.

Note: Headspacing will be provided free of charge if you send your bolt carrier assembly to the vendor.

Two samples are being completed right now. Pictures to follow within a few hours.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,
Just an FYI - your poll contains two answers per choice. They are not mutually exclusive - i.e. No, I am not interested in this barreled action but would definitely be interested in a NATO caliber weapon. If you want the real answer to interest in the barreled action I would suggest removing the part about a NATO caliber.
ETG

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I would be interested,
I have a Rhodesian G3 kit that needs to be built. This might be a better option.

How are the receivers going to be marked?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Do you have any information on the barrels on these? Twist? Material? Manufacturer? Proper flutes? I don't care for duracote so I would definatly refinish it with either gun kote or cera kote, much better finishes in my opinion. But I love hk's and another hk like rifle to keep me from wearing out my hk 91 would be great

Just a suggestion but how about polygonal rifled barrels? The hk91a5 was supposed to have them but I believe the 89 import ban stopped them from getting in, the manufacturer could bring something new and better to market

·
Registered
12 Posts
ETG said:
Hello,
Just an FYI - your poll contains two answers per choice. They are not mutually exclusive - i.e. No, I am not interested in this barreled action but would definitely be interested in a NATO caliber weapon. If you want the real answer to interest in the barreled action I would suggest removing the part about a NATO caliber.
ETG
I'm pretty sure that the question about the NATO chambering applies only to this question about the G3. You either want one chambered in 7.62 or you don't. Makes a difference in a DRB/Hk platform.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested in it but am curious about the price range

·
Registered
7 Posts
stackscustominc said:
Do you have any information on the barrels on these? Twist? Material? Manufacturer? Proper flutes? I don't care for duracote so I would definatly refinish it with either gun kote or cera kote, much better finishes in my opinion. But I love hk's and another hk like rifle to keep me from wearing out my hk 91 would be great

Just a suggestion but how about polygonal rifled barrels? The hk91a5 was supposed to have them but I believe the 89 import ban stopped them from getting in, the manufacturer could bring something new and better to market
What he said! I am interested depending on the specs.

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Interested depending on price....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm interested, depending on the price. I'm even more interested in all of that sans the receiver, but with the bolt/carrier. Yeah, sort of a scaled down parts kit. The rest of the parts are easy to find.

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Noted.

Thanks,

ETG said:
Hello,
ETG

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are no kits currently available, and when they are they are in very limited quantities. That's the reason for the barreled action only. You source your additional parts from:

Robert RTG
Sarco Incorporated
Apex Gun Parts
Centerfire Systems

Or any other place selling the individual parts.

billythepoet said:
I might be interested if there are some more kits coming in. I can't find any in stock...

·
Registered
265 Posts
why no option for just the barrels themselves ?? I'm sitting on 3 kits without barrels

1 - 20 of 72 Posts