AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,052 Posts
All yours?.....,kidding....I quit after about 100 pics..Nice post-added to favorites-Thanks JM

·
Super Moderator
25,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem. There are some great reference pics in there of hard to find accessories.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Took my 1974 SACO import HK91 pig hunting last Saturday. The weather did not cooperate. Thank God for Ballistol.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I'm getting an Mlok HG setup and also dumping my wide and bipod..

It's nice but a Harris or Atlas is just so much better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
I need me some bipod
Have a look at Versa Pod bipods. They have an adapter specifically made for HK wide handguards. It fits in the factory bipod slot. It is a much more sturdy and adjustable bipod than the factory one.

Some PTR rifles are parkerized from the factory, some are painted.

Get both? :cool:

Reactions: scottyb

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Playing Arma 3 DLC mod 1983.

Its Ossie vs wessie..G3 vs mpi74

I look forward to the day when my East German rifles are built and there is heavy tension between them and the HK and FMP in the safe.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I dumped mines and grabbed an MG3, and also grabbed a dead NVAs rpg7 with optic.

All .308 DM tracers...

·
Registered
delete me
1,036 Posts
Have a look at Versa Pod bipods. They have an adapter specifically made for HK wide handguards. It fits in the factory bipod slot. It is a much more sturdy and adjustable bipod than the factory one.

Some PTR rifles are parkerized from the factory, some are painted.

Get both? :cool:
I actually had no idea the lower models came from the factory painted lol. I browse on my phone, and not my laptop, so I had to click and expand that images lol. Then I realized there is no paddle release, so I guess it's an older model right? Makes sense really, as time goes by we get less for our money. I'll check out that bipod too

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
PTR offers some models parkerized - I think they call them GI models - and some with a painted or coated finish.

Some come with rails welded on. Some come without rails.

I'm glad they offer the options they do.

One option I wish was still on the table at PTR - German profile barrel with 15x1 metric muzzle threading. The latest PTR barrels have 5/8 threads and look "fatter" on the end near the muzzle - at least it is easy to spot the difference. You have to use some kind of adapter to fire blanks with the factory blank adapter on the 5/8" thread models. Blanks are great for practicing mag changes.

The factory installed paddle releases are a relatively new feature at PTR. I can't recall when they started offering the paddle mag release, but at least within the last three years.

My preference would be a PTR with a parkerized finish, green furniture, paddle release, no welded rail, 15x1 muzzle device and German barrel profile. No markings on the left side of the mag well so I could have FMP or HK markings applied if I was so inclined. Add the grenade launcher ring in front of the triple frame and it would be near perfect. To me THAT would be "GI".

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
I dumped mines and grabbed an MG3, and also grabbed a dead NVAs rpg7 with optic.

All .308 DM tracers...

You have an East German RPG7?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Well in the game Arma 3, you choose whatever weapon buts mimicking 1983 Fulda Gap.

It feels real to me.

But the rpg7 with the correct East German reticle scope works well.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Pig hunting at night. Even more fun when pigs show up.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts