AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This auction just happened, but they haven't updated with final prices yet.

See item 1000 for the Pederson Device, and 1170 is one of the rifles used to ambush Bonnie and Clyde.

If I ever win the Powerball lottery...

·
Registered
715 Posts
Wow! Genuine "History" for sale.....

hmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Take a close look at one of the forruners to the AK-47.

Look at the safety selector on that rifle pictured above. I am reffering to the L shaped lever that flips up to engage the safety, prevent the bolt from comming back and to cover the gap between the reciever cover and reciever, and flips down for safe.

Look familiar?

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
I have an original MarkI cut for Pederson Device. My father acquired it probably 25+ years ago. It is in about 98% cond.(orig)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Those under Stalin did WHATEVER it took to survive...I think that the only real skill they had was knowing how to combine the better parts of technology they stole to "invent" something "new"....

I never bought "Mr. K'.'s line of BS that the AK was influenced by nothing but his genius, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: any more than the failed Rooooooskie space shuttle was anything less than an attempt to copy "ours", heck, we saved them Billions over the years.....

How can you "design" a gun , without being influenced by what had been invented up until then? Of course not, unless, you were a Russian subject of Stalin.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Maybe Kalashnikov didn't invent all of the features he put on the AK-47, but he was the only one with brains enough to combine them all to work and be so simple a 2 year old could clean and use it. I give him a huge +1. What is more sad, that the Americans had that technology for 30+ years without doing anything good with it, or that a Russian spent 3 years in a hospital and then came up with the most popular, best military AND civilian rifle ever?

MTK is a genius. Geeze, what, now are you going to yell at Einstein? He saw 3.14 but he didn't INVENT the number 3, 1 or 4 nor the decimal point. So is he an asshole now too?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts