AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got my Sam7, I have quite a few gun's inc my Bushmaster AR15 W/ IOR Drag rect. scope and my complete PTR91 W/ German Issue scope. I wanted to get an AK 47 becuase of the price of ammo and have allways liked them, (had them in op4 in millitary but that's another ball game) well I live in NJ :( I found a new Arsenal SAM 7 Carbine 7.62x 39 for a good price. It's the ban model. I was wondering if I can add a muzzle brake without doing any mod to the gun. It has a deep red laminated stock and fore grip, pistol grip is a brown bakelite but it does match the gun . The stock has 6 brass pins I can see and the handguard and foregripg have 1 I can see is this correct?? I was looking at K-Var's AK-185BM to replace it or should I leave it alone. I want to try and bring it up to military specs but be within the law. Thanks Ed
PS I have 1,000 rds of Wolf Military Classic coming in the am and hope to have a longgg range time in the am.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new Arsenal SA M-7 Carbine. I've got a new "No-Ban" version enroute myself. Should have it by next Friday. Without mods, the brake is a no-go.

·
Banned
4,298 Posts
Kalash said:
Welcome and congrats on the new Arsenal SA M-7 Carbine. I've got a new "No-Ban" version enroute myself. Should have it by next Friday. Without mods, the brake is a no-go.

U finally snagged one on TOS? :dance:

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
fourtfourmag said:
Kalash said:

U finally snagged one on TOS? :dance:
From an ARFcom member. :grin:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Compensator

I spoke with K-Var today, they said part # AK-350 (AK-350 COMPENSATOR ~ (Bulgarian) for SLR-95) would work as all I have to do is slip it over the barrel and use a pin vise for the two pins, it looks pretty simple I wonder if I would notice any difference or not????
Has anyone here used that model comp before? Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SLR-95 Muzzle Brake

Well I went ahead and got one living in NJ having the barrel threaded for a nice nut or brake was not in the plans. At leats if I don't like it I can take it off. I have posted on the AK fourms and a few people like it. I shoot at Range 14 Ft Dix and they are pretty strict no rapaid fire. My neighbor is a gunsmith and FFl dealer he is 82 now so I doon't knoe how how long he will be in the buss.. he told me he will take me to his friends farm to shoot so maybe I will get to play a little more then FT Dix. Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts