AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was bitter cold today but sunny. Had to take some pics of old bike parts for EBay so I figured I'd get a good photo of all my Russian Iron together.
The bike is my 2003 Ural Retro 750. My Romy AKM built by JoeKen (No need for comments folks, this is a sweet gun!), Yugo 59/66 SKS and Mosin Nagant 91/30 are all lined up together.
OK. I didn't put my Norinco SKS in there. I didn't want them to fight. And they're not all Russian. But definately heavily influenced by Russia. :wink:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Interesting you should post this, just checked out a Ural Gear-up a few days ago and thinking about making the purchase...

Nice rig. :grin:

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On this one the guns get cased and put in the sidecar to go to the range!

But they do make a military 2 wheel drive model in camo with a post in the tub pre-installed for a machine gun. A couple of my friends have propane fired RPD's they install for rallies. A few years back one owner brought a potato cannon to mount on his sidecar. We all had fun knocking over stacks of poly drums with it. The little kids got to try it first and pretty soon kids up into their 70's were trying it out! That was a great Rally.

You can see all the models here;
http://www.imz-ural.com/

One of my best friends is the guy heading up those bike shows for Ural. Most of the folks you see at the shows talking to people about the rigs are owners and are volunteers! You don't see that with any other make of new bike! Folks have been helping out at the shows for years that way now. Great bunch of riders to hang out with. Over the years my little bike upholstery shop has come to serve this market almost exclusively.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts