AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=108396089

very historically accurate, Soviet-style AKM/AK-47 7.62x39mm
This is closest thing to a real Soviet AKM a regular American citizen can own!!! Don't miss out on this opportunity!!!
:lol: :lol:

nothin historically acurate about it, its not even a khyber pass. Although I must say I like it, I think its pretty cool, and im sure its a good gun if it was done by krebs, just thought it was funny how this guy was he was sayin how historically accurate it was

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
NCLivingBrit said:
Erm, I'm new to this but isn't that an AK74 lookalike? And isn't that in 5.45?
No, it's a converted Saiga mutt.

7.62x39 bakelite magazine

AKS-74 buttstock and hardware

AK-74 style muzzle brake

Krebs installed a new gas block with bayonet lug
Where at?

You should really only use GunJoker for levity.

Lots of good fiction writers in the making there every day . . .

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
drummerdude1188 said:

very historically accurate, Soviet-style AKM/AK-47 7.62x39mm
[quote:1om302f9]This is closest thing to a real Soviet AKM a regular American citizen can own!!! Don't miss out on this opportunity!!!
:lol: :lol:

nothin historically acurate about it, its not even a khyber pass. Although I must say I like it, I think its pretty cool, and im sure its a good gun if it was done by krebs, just thought it was funny how this guy was lyin out his ass about how authentic it was[/quote:1om302f9]

True not historially acurate, because we have no proof yet that Izzy or Tula built any AKM's with 74 style folder. Looks like a authentic Khyber pass to me. A 7.62x39 AKM with a Ak-74 style sidefolder. He even used a saiga receiver...nice touch. IMO

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tomovich said:

This link you put?? It is to a converted Saiga in 7.62. So actually, he is totally correct. Made in Russia @ Izhmash, 7.62 cal, just converted here.

:smile:
You are correct it is made is Russia at Izhmash, and 7.62 cal, but it is not historically accurate, or AKM style. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
drummerdude1188 said:
Tomovich said:

This link you put?? It is to a converted Saiga in 7.62. So actually, he is totally correct. Made in Russia @ Izhmash, 7.62 cal, just converted here.

:smile:
You are correct it is made is Russia at Izhmash, and 7.62 cal, but it is not historically accurate, or AKM style. :mrgreen:
That is correct.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wasn't even tryin to bash the rifle, I really like it actually, If I wasn't so broke Id to a build like that, but I was cruzin GB and just saw all the stuff he was writing and thought it was funny and worth a laugh

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Is that Polish wood??

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
gheez..i'm in the wrong business

·
Registered
782 Posts
BigAL said:
gheez..i'm in the wrong business
Well I did pay for my first AK selling one modded/chopped/Tapco'ed SKS with a side rail+bracket on Gunbroker...... Which seemed fair to me!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Looks good to me. I think he's right on with his description, plus or minus a few little flaws (no it's not an AKM, and no it's not historically accurate, and no the barrel is not threaded (the FSB is threaded)...

...But in general, this is a quality pro build (Krebs) on a quality Russian AK (Izhmash) with all new parts (except the handguard, which I can't tell if it's Polish or Russian). That Izhmash mag still has the ink stamp on it (looks brand new), and the Izhmash bayo is pretty rare.

The only downside I see is the lack of mag-well dimples.

For the right buyer, I think it would be a good deal in the $1200-$1300 range. The mag, bayo and sling are easily worth $200, which puts the rifle right at $1100. Try to get that rifle from Krebs for $1100 today - It ain't happenin'.

-Thirtycal

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Too bad it doesn't have a dimpled receiver. I'm still thinking about doing the same thing with a dimpled.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Do all Saiga receivers have the Made in Russia by Izhmash and other factory stamps?

Is this a stamped receiver?

btw, drummerdude1188, Why don't you change the thread title to "Converted Saiga in 7.62"

1 - 20 of 32 Posts