AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! So I have an opportunity to pick up a Norinco underfolder and I am having trouble pinning down an exact model. I'm sorry I couldn't make out a serial but it is marked 561 and has a triangle with 66 in the middle. Could roughly make out NY on the receiver and it had the Norinco star stamped on the side. Slant muzzle brake. Condition was good/fair with some light pitting on the receiver cover. The under folder felt very stiff and looked to be original to the rifle. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Model is 56.
56-1 designates it as an underfolding stock

66 is the factory number where it was made in China. Norinco owned the factory. The rifle was imported by a company in New York in the late 1980s

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
NY means it's probably a Sile import

Make sure it still has the bayonet lug and stop for the cleaning rod on the FSB. Several were imported and those features were removed.

Also make sure there isn't a 1 or 7 around the model name. 7 56S-1 7 or 1 56S-1 1
That was added to change the model name after the ban by name which included the 56S series.

Look for matching numbers on the trunnion, bolt, carrier, recoil spring, top cover and gas tube.

Look at the crown and make sure it's isn't damaged or corroded.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Assuming all matching numbers and not some post ban abortion?

Shitty condition~$600-700 for parts

Shooter~$900-$1100

Light use nice shape~$1100-$1350

Collector grade~$1350-$2500

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, all matching numbers, Sile import, wood looks good, finish looks old with some very lite rust on receiver cover and stock only. Comes with hard case, original bayonet, two original mags, original sling oil bottle and manual. Only marked 56-1 no additional 1 or 7 anywhere. The guy wants $1200. What do you guys think? Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
If it has rust on it I'd try to knock him down to $1000-1100.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Probably. Do you know the person? Can you go take pictures? Or if it's an online find email about getting so pictures.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts