AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I Just bought a gorgeous D-Technic VZ58 from online auction. You can take a look here —> CZECH TECHNIK SA VZ. 58 7.62x39mm SPORTER RIFLE | Firearms & Military Artifacts Firearms Rifles Semi-Automatic Rifles | Online Auctions | Proxibid

It came with 1 mag and I purchased 4 (new) mags from midway. Mags were condition 1 supposedly. Problem is that None (all but one) of these mags are fittting into the rifle! I used all my strength to finally FORCE one into locking in, but scratched the magazine to hell afterwards.

Anyone know of what could possibly be going on and how I can fix it?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Check around the bolt hold open parts for proper fit also.

Several of my mags have what looks to be thick paint on them and if the fit is already tight that could be the culprit.

·
Technical Advisor
15,870 Posts
Where are the magazines binding? On the sides.?On the rear latch? Front area?
You have not added any information other than the magazines don't fit.

Pictures always help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions - I will take some pictures and post later today. I believe the mag well is too short, front to rear. I can seat the mag in the back, then when I go to rock/lock in the front at the mag catch... it’s a no go. Out of the 5 mags, only 1 locks in and it is one of the ones I bought separate. The one that came with the rifle did not fit. Really odd that even 1 magazine works....

·
Registered
435 Posts
Are the mags fully loaded or empty? Is the bolt open or closed? One of mine has difficulty engaging a fully loaded mag with the bolt closed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi,

I Just bought a gorgeous D-Technic VZ58 from online auction. You can take a look here —> CZECH TECHNIK SA VZ. 58 7.62x39mm SPORTER RIFLE | Firearms & Military Artifacts Firearms Rifles Semi-Automatic Rifles | Online Auctions | Proxibid

It came with 1 mag and I purchased 4 (new) mags from midway. Mags were condition 1 supposedly. Problem is that None (all but one) of these mags are fittting into the rifle! I used all my strength to finally FORCE one into locking in, but scratched the magazine to hell afterwards.

Anyone know of what could possibly be going on and how I can fix it?

Thanks
It says right in the auction description that mags don’t fit properly. I was wondering at first, how you scored one for the same price I paid a few years ago, but then I saw it at the end of the description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Technical Advisor
15,870 Posts
It appears there was also a 20% sale charge to be added?
They are very nice rifles when functioning properly.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Why would this have a TGI import mark on it? I didn't know TGI ever imported these. Would TGI have imported these as single stack Sporters and then cut the magwells out for the 30 rounders?

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
Probably the same as an Auctioneer premium.

Its an additional charge for the buyer and or seller.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Yep, proxibid is an auction site and most auctions do charge buyer and seller premiums. They do get a good cut from the sale don't they?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had the same problem with my 58 years ago. I found that the rib, where the bolt hold open tab is, was hitting the lower receiver causing it to not fully seat. I disassembled the mag, filed down the tab until it would fit. Had to do this on several mags.

·
Registered
54 Posts
First TGI did import these, next you insert the front of the mag first and rock it back and into the receiver. If this is not functioning properly then something is amiss. You will need to measure the dimensions of the opening width and the length, same for your magazines. Take off the top cover, remove the bolt carrier and bolt and view from the inside while trying to insert the mag..DO NOT FORCE ANYTHING EVER.....if you still have or see the issue PM me and I will call you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe the dimensions on the well are too tight when it was machined from single to double stack?

If you live in New England I can recommend a good gunsmith, they did a great conversion on my sporter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts