AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a quandary for me perhaps some one can help, and tell me if this is possible?

The end goal is to have my 1968 Izhmash underfolder kit built:

Here is what I have:

1) A mostly complete 1968 under folder kit missing top cover and mismatched bolt and complete barrel and front trunnion, it also has the rear receiver stub with the U/F trunnion, trigger guard and the pistol grip reinforcement.

2) A Hungarian FEG receiver- One of the ones that was sold awhile back that did not have the holes for the trunnions drilled.

3) 2 Romanian stripped barrels in good shape.

Here is what I want:
1. The kit built on the receiver (I am hoping this can be done-as I do not want any non factory made receivers involved).

2. The original barrel replaced as it has been counter bored (it is still serviceable but not to my wants) and one of the following done:

a) Remove all hardware from the original barrel and install it on one of the Romanian barrels.

b) Or install another Russian barrel from my collection.

Is this achievable?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Should not be a problem , but you will need to find a smith that knows how to build with flats. Even though your receiver is built the finishing up stuff is not something most folks who don't build from flats will know his to do. Please sell me if trade me that counter bored barrel when you build it . Ted Marshall built a rifle for me on one if the Hungarian receivers, it came out great ,

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes many on here I'm sure could help you out for a fee. Also how many Russian barrels do you have.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I don't believe I have any spare Russian barrels at the moment, I believe they will all have a home on one of my builds one way or another I have multiple Russian kit guns that are going to need to be built.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts