AK Rifles banner

HELP!!!! Sight ID please

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  eodinert 
#1 ·
a Fellow has offered me a "grenade sight" for an AK...for the life of me I'm not sure what it is...was thinking it almost looks like the sight for the BG-15 but its not as far as I know..so help me out here AK experts :hail:

See less See more
#2 ·
Is it attatched to a gas block, or does it look like it should? It could be off of a Yugo AK, or it could be for the Galil (they made a special disposable clip-on rear sight for use when launching grenades).

#7 ·
It's an MC-1 sight for the OG-7 anti-personnel projectile for an RPG-7. It attaches to the rear flip-up sight of an RPG-7.

The OG-7 projectile does not have a sustainer motor, so the trajectory of the projectile is completely different than all of the other RPG-7 rounds, hence, the special sight.

There are not many of those out there, and it took me a long time to figure out what it was.

Here is the MC-1 sight mounted on an RPG-7D.

...and here are a few pics of the OG-7 projectiles.

What do I win? :grin:

#9 ·
If it's an "MC-1" sight why do the Cyrillic letters say "MP-1"?

#11 ·
CommoMan said:
If it's an "MC-1" sight why do the Cyrillic letters say "MP-1"?
Well... Hmm. I was going from memory there, and it looks like I remembered it incorrectly. When I found the sight, I did a bunch of web research, transliterated the marking, and finally found a reference on a bulgarian page from somebody selling RPGs (and I thought it was MC-1). But, that is definately a 'P', so I guess I'm on crack.

... but it is the sight for the OG-7 rocket, I'm sure about that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.