AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a Fellow has offered me a "grenade sight" for an AK...for the life of me I'm not sure what it is...was thinking it almost looks like the sight for the BG-15 but its not as far as I know..so help me out here AK experts :hail:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Is it attatched to a gas block, or does it look like it should? It could be off of a Yugo AK, or it could be for the Galil (they made a special disposable clip-on rear sight for use when launching grenades).

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
The pics help alot! Wow... the markings look like crylic so it could be Russian or something...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Q-gunner2 said:
The pics help alot! Wow... the markings look like crylic so it could be Russian or something...
you know your getting old when you put the question up and forget the pics :lol: silly old me

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
please help me out here guys..the guy wants to know if I'm buying or not..and I still have no real idea what this sight is

please please help :grin:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
It's an MC-1 sight for the OG-7 anti-personnel projectile for an RPG-7. It attaches to the rear flip-up sight of an RPG-7.

The OG-7 projectile does not have a sustainer motor, so the trajectory of the projectile is completely different than all of the other RPG-7 rounds, hence, the special sight.

There are not many of those out there, and it took me a long time to figure out what it was.

Here is the MC-1 sight mounted on an RPG-7D.

...and here are a few pics of the OG-7 projectiles.

What do I win? :grin:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my gratitude..you are the man as per usual :hail:

·
Registered
208 Posts
If it's an "MC-1" sight why do the Cyrillic letters say "MP-1"?

·
Registered
881 Posts
I know what that is, its evil and bad for you! You should get rid of it right away. I can help with that if you like....

Seriously, good find! That is very cool.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
CommoMan said:
If it's an "MC-1" sight why do the Cyrillic letters say "MP-1"?
Well... Hmm. I was going from memory there, and it looks like I remembered it incorrectly. When I found the sight, I did a bunch of web research, transliterated the marking, and finally found a reference on a bulgarian page from somebody selling RPGs (and I thought it was MC-1). But, that is definately a 'P', so I guess I'm on crack.

... but it is the sight for the OG-7 rocket, I'm sure about that.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought it..thanks guys and my RPG 7 thanks you too :) now were can I find an inert OG-7 round :grin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts