AK Rifles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't decided whether I want to spend as little as possible ($650-700) or fork over the extra money for a premium gun at around $1000. I'm really just buying a range gun although I would like it to be reliable as well.

My understanding is that foreign AKs are superior generally. It seems like you can find a foreign made AK at all the price points in that range. However, the PSA models benefit from the side folders & AK-103 model. I'm not sure if those benefits make up for the quality control issues or even detract from the enjoyment of the classic AK.

At $700, it looks like my best options are between the pioneer AK-47 with the Polish parts and the standard AK-103 from PSA.

At around $1,000, it looks like my best options are between a zastava ak or a side folder PSA AK 103 with the premium barrel. A Romanian build kit from PSA or a k USA 103 in that price range are also on the table, but seen a little overpriced.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
3 Posts
MAK90.

Unfortunately, they do not import these any longer, so you will have to get a pre-owned one.

Fortunately, they are premium Built rifles in ChiCom military arsenals, so they are top notch quality Also, they feature the best (smoothest) Trigger of any AKM.( "Arguably" - I have to say that, but they really are the Best )

Good luck to you.

Oh, yeah. Stay Away from any USA-Made AKs, regardless of price.
-

·
Registered
4 Posts
MAK90.

Unfortunately, they do not import these any longer, so you will have to get a pre-owned one.

Fortunately, they are premium Built rifles in ChiCom military arsenals, so they are top notch quality Also, they feature the best (smoothest) Trigger of any AKM.( "Arguably" - I have to say that, but they really are the Best )

Good luck to you.

Oh, yeah. Stay Away from any USA-Made AKs, regardless of price.
-
You can't go wrong with a Zastava ZPAP M70. A fine rifle thats right at home at the range or in a combat zone. Spend the xtra couple hundred bucks - Buy Once Cry Once

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes stay away from the American made stuff. And even though I have never owned one I agree on the WBP. They seem to have a great reputation and lots of options out there to make it your own. Nothing wrong with Zastava, my first was an npap, still have it, it's a tank and very reliable. But if you catch this bug you may possibly tire of the Yugo type guns because of the lack of compatibility to AKM's. That's not a knock, just a fact.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts