AK Rifles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been beat to death....but for the life of me I can't remember what is unique about the Romy G kits mechanically. Was it something about the bolt mass being lower? Was there something that made these a little inferior? I don't think it was that they are factory semi-auto as I have seen FA FCG with kits. AAGGHH!!! It's killing me.

What was all that talk about these being ROTC type rifles and were always semi-auto? Was that it?

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
The "G" kits were made semi auto only. It would appear that the kits contain all the FA parts but if you examine the disconnector, you'll see that it has the tail ground off. This is how they made the rifles semi auto. If they ever wanted to convert them to select fire, they would just replace the disconnector.

The "G" rifles were issued to the Romanian Patriotic Guard. It was mandatory service for all young men and women throughout their highschool years. "G" stands for Garda which is Romanian for Guard.

Here is a pic of a full auto disconnector with the tail...

Here is a pic of a semi auto disconnector with the tail ground off...

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
cruzie27 said:
the gas tube is also just a hair longer on the G than the WASR,..may be because of a diffrent gas chamber as well
Gas tube lengths can vary from rifle to rifle. Some of the gas tubes on my Romanian "G" kits are a tiny bit longer or shorter than the other Romanian "G" kits I have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts