AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, hope this isn't a dumb question, but I will be finishing converting my Mosin Nagant to the Ati Stock with Rock Solid scope mount. How does one figure out how much eye relief one needs? Measure from my face to where the scope would be and use that amount of mm to base it on?

Also would take any recommendations on scopes, since its a Finland M39 I kinda want a EU scope, maybe something from Kalinka, dunno, whats your opinions?

Thanks for your time

TT

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow, musta been a very stupid question, didnt mean to take up a post on the forums with my dumb crap

·
Registered
629 Posts
dont know how dumb it is or not.... I'm not sure how long away you're talkiing about, someone who owns one may have a better answer, but I have seen several that use the original elevation mount to mount a scope and they use pistol scopes for "Long eye relief" it's about how far you'd hold a pistol.... but I'm not sure about the one you're using, maybe a cool dragunov scope should work...

·
Registered
333 Posts
M39

Finnish M39 rifles are getting pricey. So you may have a $300 as issued Mil Surp rifle. You will drill and tap it for scope mount(Mosin recievers very hard steel)Pay maybe a couple hundred for a scope,mount and the
ATI stock.
Sporterizing,aka Bubba a $300 rifle w/ $200 worth of stuff. Now you have a $200 rifle when all finished. :sad:
Might be better off selling the M39 and using the $$ to buy a repo Mosin sniper for about $500 or add a couple hundred and buy a semi auto PSL.
:smile:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Finns will continue to go up in price. Unless the one you have is a real dog, leave it be and buy a 91/30.
As mentioned those modifications you plan to make will actually hurt it's value. I'm not a collector, but even I wouldn't D&T one for a scope mount.

·
Registered
399 Posts
OMG no not a Finn-----There was a thread somewhere and im trying hard to find where they make an adaptor to put a PSOP scope on a nagant.It really looked pretty simple a plate and some drilling and taping and Wa-la.

It looked neat as hell too-wish i could find it.It centers the POSP scope over the barrel.I have about a dozen 91/30's and a cple of extra 8X POSP's i think
that would be a neat Sniper-ish build just gotta remember where i saw it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts