AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently aquired a Hungarian Sa2000m FEG blah blah, and looking at the trigger group I noticed the weirdest thing I've ran across on an AKM...the actual trigger piece itself has an extra hook going the opposite direction!? Im very familiar with this weapon and am not referring to a double hook or anything common like that. This piece is notched and fits into/around the disconnector.? Ill try to post pics, just found this site and registered.
The trigger group includes the RR and so lets start with that, other than the naughty pin, its a FA setup, as most Hungarians are.
Now heres my secondary question, when I chamber/cock the gun and pull the trigger and hold it...on my other AKM Norinco NHM-91, it will still lock the hammer back via hooks (double hook obv.), but with the Hungarian, the hook stays back and the hammer runs through the rate reducer (as it should, not irregularly) and will plop back to the bolt.. NOT being caught by the hook.?
Now this is while im holding the trigger fully depressed. So Norinco will hook the hammer, Hungarian wont?
Btw, HAVE NOT fired this gun and my question is, is this some kind of......setup?
I want to know if someone has seen this or not. The piece in question is not some jerry rigged piece. It is not made onto the trigger itself, but connected via sleeve. It is a nicely milled piece of steel it appears, made by a pro. But why?
I have checked every fun shop where I am told they know nothing about AKs and they have never met anyone who knows as much as I do about them. F###n Seattle ppl. In these forums I realize what a rookie I am to you guys. .comparatively im borderline retarded ...but here in Seattle...anyway..
Sorry so long but I have been searching the web and shops so this is not a common deal.

Its the far rear far left piece thats snuggling with my disconnector..

Let me know if ANYBODY has seen this. Btw, here she is..on bottom..yes with chicom grip..im eclectic.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
On the right of the trigger (as viewed from the buttstock ) you have a hammer delay that slows fireing till the bolt is fully locked up and also slows rate of full auto fire, on the left it appears that you have a component of a three round burst mechanism and the disconnector in there also appears to be another part of that mechanism and not a normal disconnector. these parts are not normally in a semi-auto Kalashnikov. Those parts do not make the weapon select fire but could likely be in a legal gray area depending on local laws. I also would think it would be detrimental to a good trigger pull for semi-auto fire. I have never seen parts like these in a commercial AK, so it is a unique example.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for responding, I know about the rate reducer/hammer retard. ..but three round burst parts huh? You know that would make sense as I have looked at every other option. This was bought from a local shop so I cant imagine why leave that in there other than looks? Like I said I have seen many triggers in the past, but this one was different.
As of this morning the Tapco went in and that one put in a box until I check local laws. Naughty parts may not be allowed your right, if so trash can for them!
Thanks again for your help with this, I didn't think I would ever find the answer, I mean GOOGLE didn't know??

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Wish you'd taken some photos to post here of the parts after you'd removed them. I'm kind of curious as to what had been done there.

Might have helped the next new guy who thinks he's seen it all, too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Richard, I did take individual photos of every part. Id never even heard of an ak with these parts, I got worried and yanked em out but they are still not gone. I just didn't want them in my gun causing slower rate of fire.
Ill post pics soon of parts. Its strange. Before I took out I fired it....no select fire (thank God!), no naughty hole, no bang bang bang!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what I could tell, it basically holds the disconnector back. Now the little circle spacer with the spring? Im lost. Google three round burst AK and there is a schematic, you'll see what I mean about the spacer circle donut thing. Front left side. Hammer axis goes through it.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I lknow what you mean and if you'd rather not post them it's cool. It's good to be cautious about this kind of thing. Still, it's not illegal to tinker with a FCG, even adding parts, as long as your intent and/or the result don't break the law.

This is a Romanian burst FCG. I've got a schematic of the Tantal mechanism somewhere that I can post when I find it. The round part sounds like a ratchet for the burst function.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It is a late hungarian or polish three round burst trigger pack for the AKM platform with some of its parts missing. As well as no capability for FA fire because the gun has no auto sear pin holes or auto sear itself. Someone was tinkering or it came in like that and the true FA parts were simply removed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got ya

It is a late hungarian or polish three round burst trigger pack for the AKM platform with some of its parts missing. As well as no capability for FA fire because the gun has no auto sear pin holes or auto sear itself. Someone was tinkering or it came in like that and the true FA parts were simply removed.
that's pretty much what I figured. I know the naughty hole is not drilled so I knew it wouldn't go full happy (or 3 rd), but I'd never even thought about 3rd burst.
I'm pretty happy to have the parts...even if I'll never get to experience burst...

Thank you and everyone who helped me out with this..I was getting cooky and thought I knew about everything about the akm platform...wrong. reality check achieved!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts