AK Rifles banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Can someone school me on what these patches say and if they are correctly placed on this uniform? Alos, can you tell me what camo pattern this is and when they used it? One more thing..anyone know about the hat pictured too? :neutral: Thanks!

[/list]

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
The shoulder patch and back patch is "Spetsnaz"

The fist holding AK is the MVD Vityaz emblem. The Vityaz unit is the Anti-Terror unit of Russia's MVD (Ministerstvo Vnutrennih Del - Ministry of Interior)

Of course the Russia Flag MVD Patch on right sleeve.

Camo pattern is what they call the VSR "Schofield" pattern because it was first shown in Carey Schofield's book "Inside the Soviet Military" on the back inside cover as she is wearing it.

Back in my Counterstrike Source days I made a custom "MVD Spetsnaz" spray logo...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! What about the hat. Is that Russian? When was this uniform used and are the patches in the right place?...oh and what about the patch that looks like a blood type? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
The camo was first fielded in 92 and can still be seen in service today along with every other camo type in Russia's past, present and future.

Blood Group and Rh factor type patch is correct.

Hat camo I guess it could be a variation of the VSR pattern.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
The blood patch is in correct location.

The big SPETSNAZ patch on back is in appropriate location.

The Russian MVD and the Vityaz patch are on the opposite sleeves from what I have seen.

Here are the patches as on the right side left side.

http://vityaz.sensey.ru/stat.php?id=6

The cap looks Soviet summer field cap design.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still havnt seen a pic of that patch on the back. It looks kind of like a vest patch like one I have that has Police on it.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Of course its in Cyrillic so the H is actually an N in English.....OMON

If you haven't noticed they are the "Black Berets" as the Vityaz are the "Red Berets".

OMON is the acronym for Otryad Militsii Osobogo Naznacheniya - Group of Militia of Special Purpose(assignment) and in Cyrillic looks like Отряд милиции особого назначения

They are also MVD (Ministry of Interior).

You can see patches at:

http://www.specialoperations.com/Foreig ... atches.htm

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Your basic definitions go like this............ The MVD (МВД) is the police (aka Militsiya or МИЛИЦИЯ). Under the MVD heading? You have the GAE (ГАИ) which is basically your traffic police but they do have Krinkovs and ballistic helmets in their cars. :roll: They also have a cute little white baton they pull you over with when they need someone to buy them lunch a/o dinner. :wink: The OMOH (Omon) is like the SWAT branch of the MVD. They have a very "tough" reputation and kick ass without fear of reprisal (aka lawsuits). The Vityaz is like a cross between our SWAT and FBI HRT and maybe Delta Force. That help? :goof:

And don't forget, one thing is absolutely for SURE. Just when you think you may have a grasp on what type or pattern (or even SHADE) of camouflage is correct for a certain branch or division, you'll be wrong. I have never seen a more jumbled assortment of camo types than except maybe Africa as they have in the Russian Military and Police SpecOps. It actually amazes me. Ahhh........Mother Russia.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can anyone show me a pic with the big spetsnaz pathc on the bacl of a regular tunic, not a vest?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
huey_crew_chief said:
Can anyone show me a pic with the big spetsnaz pathc on the bacl of a regular tunic, not a vest?
lets keep it alive, some questions need to be aswered. Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts