AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am aware of the quality of the EO-Tec, and other American made Dot scopes that our forces are using in Iraq; I'm also aware of the price.

Can I get good results with a Russian Cobra or PK Dot Scope? I'm looking for waterproof and shockproof qualities, along with being able to see "through the glass" if the batteries or electronics fail. Being able to still look through the glass and use my front sight would be a plus.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If I HAD to put a red dot type optic on one of my AKs it would certainly be a Kobra or something more authentic than an Eotech. But then I like my AKs fairly correct. If I feel the need to hang shit off one of my rifles I put it on one of my AKs. Of course YMMV.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Get a kobra. They work great and ar made for the Ak.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have an "AA" Kobra but if I bought another red dot sight, I would buy the following:

The PK-AS sight can be mounted on almost any rifle or submachine gun equipped with a side mounting rail. The most unique and interesting feature of the PK-AS sight is that it remains usable even when its batteries run out. Unlike the case with other red dot sights, when PK-AS sight runs out of batteries or when the power is turned off, the 'red dot' does not simply disappear, instead it becomes a 'black dot' which keeps the sight functional even without batteries.
You can see this site at http://www.freedomoptics.com/Comersus/s ... cIndex.asp and probably at TANTAL as well.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
+1 on the PKAS for durability even if the battery runs out or fails....

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have an EOtech on my AR. It is a awsome optic. :hail:
Although I just bought a Kobra for my SA M7. For 180.00 for the Optic and mount it is well worth the price. :animak: You will spend 80.00 to 125.00 for
a weaver mount to attach an Eotech to your AK plus the Eotech.

·
Registered
791 Posts
dglockster said:
I have an "AA" Kobra but if I bought another red dot sight, I would buy the following:

The PK-AS sight can be mounted on almost any rifle or submachine gun equipped with a side mounting rail. The most unique and interesting feature of the PK-AS sight is that it remains usable even when its batteries run out. Unlike the case with other red dot sights, when PK-AS sight runs out of batteries or when the power is turned off, the 'red dot' does not simply disappear, instead it becomes a 'black dot' which keeps the sight functional even without batteries.
You can see this site at http://www.freedomoptics.com/Comersus/s ... cIndex.asp and probably at TANTAL as well.
Every pic I have seen of one of these installed appears that it sits way to high for my taste. I like the Kobra because it sits much lower.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Duke, if you like the way the Kobra sits, you'll really like the Pk-01V. It's like an Aimpoint, and it has a 1.5moa dot, takes two AAA batteries, and sits low enough to cowitness with irons set at 100M. The newest version has a manual brightness adj. and is very bright. I love mine. I'm going to post a picture and description thread in a few days about it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Since ther PK's are scopes with objective lenses a whole lot bigger than the ones in our heads I would assume they gather a lot more light at dawn or dusk. Is this true? Are they better in low light than a Kobra or Mark I eyeball?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts