AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so my wife wants me to go with her to visit family out of town for Thanksgiving. I told her "no problem" but "you know Thanksgiving this year falls on Sunday the 24th right?" She didn't answer- so I think she is buying it. Now the trap is set. This is all in preparation so we can drive, visit the in-laws, claim we made a huge mistake- then drive immediately home by Sunday. In turn this will mean I will be home for Thanksgiving and at the local bar on Thanksgiving Eve with my buddies.

Here are some ideas I have so far, turkey stickers for the kitchen calender. Breaking into her phone and putting "Thanksgiving" with a chiming alarm on her events calender. Dressing the dog up like a turkey on Saturday in celebration of Thanksgiving Eve. Maybe buy a pumpkin pie and leave it out that Saturday, you know- to take to the in laws the next morning for Thanksgiving. A dvd loop of Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving Special.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Lots of luck on that one. I'm sure she has talked to her mom and made plans to spend your money, on "Black Friday".

·
Registered
536 Posts
LOL...if you can pull off this feat then you sir are a true genius. My wife's reaction would be,"oh, no problem, now I can spend more time with my mom!". I know her parents would actually welcome the idea of a longer visit! :doh:

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
C Notes.jpg It's possible to become moderately wealthy after your married if you start out filthy rich.!! :smile:

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Wait!?!?! Are you telling me you normaly do not spend Thanksgiving (dinner) with the family? :hail:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts