AK Rifles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys. I know this is a longshot due to the scarcity of RPK-74 parts, but any idea where I can find a Bulgarian/Russian cover? I'll continue to keep an eye on the Marketplace in the meantime...maybe something will pop up.

· Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
phreakmode said:
Not perfect per se, but have you considered using an AK-100 series TC?

Sorry for the delayed response about this..I actually really lucked out: another board member saw this post and offered me his spare RPK-74 cover. :beer: So, it looks like I'm good to go.

However, for the purpose of discussion, would a 100 series TC work? They are both smooth covers, but I imagine they still have a number of differences. Can't say that I've ever compared the two up close...

· Registered
8,410 Posts
They are very close, on the RPK-74 the ejection port is arched, the lower edge border crease is taller, and of course the left side forward corner has that stairstep notch for the trunnion bulge to fit correctly. Is K-Var out of these? They have been selling Russian made RPK-74 top covers as Bulgarian for years.

· Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tantal said:
They are very close, on the RPK-74 the ejection port is arched, the lower edge border crease is taller, and of course the left side forward corner has that stairstep notch for the trunnion bulge to fit correctly. Is K-Var out of these? They have been selling Russian made RPK-74 top covers as Bulgarian for years.

Good info, Doug. Yep, K-var is out of them. Here: http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?p ... t=0&page=2 Seems like RPK-74 spare parts are all but dried up. I imagine all the kits we are going to see are already over here, too, but I guess you never know. At the minimum, we obviously won't see any more with original barrels..Glad I was lucky enough to nab a nice kit a year or so back. Hopefully I'll build it one of these days.

· Registered
3,098 Posts
Baker47 said:
If I may, a RPK74 topcover should be a smooth topcover. Then what should be on a RPK47?
they were made with both smooth and ribbed topcovers-but mostly smooth.

· Registered
1,164 Posts
Tantal said:
Could a Saiga smooth topcover be modded/reworked to replicate an RPK74 topcover?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.