1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...I could use some extra help to ID this Norinco 5.56

Right now I am leaning towards it being a Norinco NHM 90 5.56

Thoughts? 84s? ... NHM90? Transitional?

It has a cap tack welded onto the muzzle break.
It has been neutered....no bayo lug.
It does not have the blue bolt.
The main ID has been scrubbed
CSI Ontario Ca. is the Importer
Never been fired.

Really nice Russian wood...but don't know why.

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

Metal Wood

·
Registered
354 Posts
My NHM 90 is in 762 but it has that exact same sleeve over the threads at the end of the barrel. Unfortunately the Norinco logo is scrubbed from mine. Mine does however have the blued bolt and the import marks are a little less slaphappy than yours appear to be.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I have an NHM-90 that looks just like that, and would guess it used to have "NHM-90" electro-penciled in front of the serial number and a previous owner tried to remove it.

Also the NHM-90s usually had the top of the front sight hood cut off.

NHM-90 as well as the MAK 90 came in both calibers, 7.62x39 and .223/5.56x45.

In summation, you have an NHM-90 and in .223 a really nice and very accurate shooter!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...That what I was thinking as well. The top of the front sight hood is also cut off. Suprisingly this gun has never been fired. I tore it apart the other night to clean it and I expected to find some carbon in it, or at least in the gas tube and was very surprised to see that it was totally spotless. Now to find a few 30 Rd mags (have a bunch of 5 & 15 rounder's), find a China buttstock (have an upper and lower) and maybe cut that muzzle cap off of it.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
The nice thing about that muzzle cap is that there are threads under it.

On my .223 NMH-90 I decided to see how much muzzle flip I could reduce using that tube on the end of the barrel. I drilled a few holes in what I believed to be in the correct direction, then chamfered them slightly. Surprised myself that the holes worked to make it easier to keep the rifle on target. In the end I still removed it and installed the correct 84S style bird-cage.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Uh I know a guy that is gonna be selling some 556 chinese mags...send me your info and I will pass it along. I think he is on here but not sure of his sn.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Wood is def not Chinese...wrong angle on that buttstock also...but with it being Russian should be easy for you to sell if you want to have some money towards Chinese wood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts