AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone point me to a site selling one of the green yugo ak slings? I have only been able to find the gray ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,691 Posts
The swivel end slings are for Krinks and m90's and shouldn't cost more than $10-12. The flat stamped end like a Garand is for the M70/SKS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
blackthorne has the new ones like on the board marketplace for like half the price. Samco has the old style ones with the flat latch in their yugo sks accessory kit, the whole kit is 12$, blackthorne wants $8 even for the brand new later style slings like in the marketplace, and $16 for the pouch with strap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
LeibstandarteAdH said:
blackthorne has the new ones like on the board marketplace for like half the price. Samco has the old style ones with the flat latch in their yugo sks accessory kit, the whole kit is 12$, blackthorne wants $8 even for the brand new later style slings like in the marketplace, and $16 for the pouch with strap.
What is the web address for Blackthorne? I did a google search but could not find this webstore.

Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,600 Posts
www.blackthorneproducts.com


Despite their reputation as actaully being part of Vulcan Arms, I had my order shiipped within 24 hours with email confirmation, and on my doorstep in 2 days. Slings were like new with no hint of mustiness, just a bit of that 'stored canvas' smell. :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,367 Posts
Copes has a good price, but if you want a good chance of getting a complete sling that will display well, you should probably order more than one of them.

I got half a dozen yesterday and aside from being dirty and rusty, 3 have had the steel tab cut off of the end of the sling.

Still works as a sling, of course, but it looks awful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
Richard W. said:
Copes has a good price, but if you want a good chance of getting a complete sling that will display well, you should probably order more than one of them.

I got half a dozen yesterday and aside from being dirty and rusty, 3 have had the steel tab cut off of the end of the sling.

Still works as a sling, of course, but it looks awful.
I wonder if there are any products out there that can clean off the dirt and rust real well from the fabric.

Drakin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,367 Posts
I've cleaned a lot of web gear with a stiff bristle brush, hand soap, and water.

Works well for dirt, grease, and odors. Rust stains are a tough one, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Rit makes a rust remover for fabric. You will have to re dye them after.They don't make an O.D. dye so you will have to mix brown and green.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
drakinclaw said:
Richard W. said:
Copes has a good price, but if you want a good chance of getting a complete sling that will display well, you should probably order more than one of them.

I got half a dozen yesterday and aside from being dirty and rusty, 3 have had the steel tab cut off of the end of the sling.

Still works as a sling, of course, but it looks awful.
I wonder if there are any products out there that can clean off the dirt and rust real well from the fabric.

Drakin
I soke mine in oxyclean overnight..That seems to work well.It gets out most all of the dirt and grime...Rust is another story..It gets faded but its still there...........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,691 Posts
I throw them in the washing machine along with the beat up towels we use for the dogs. I have tried line drying them and using the dryer and I haven't noticed much of a difference. Works well. I have also soaked them in Dreft which I thought would be gentile enough not to damage the fabric.

I have cleaned a bunch of slings and they all faded. I don't think they used the highest quality dyes.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top