AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an AMD-65 kit-build and immediately noticed some problems. It was built on an ITM MK-99 (OOW). The receiver had to have been 'pinched' at the fcg area, because the receiver is bulged downward at the trigger (causing the rear of any mag to sit too low). I thought I could 'bubba-fix' the problem...until I fired a test mag...and the rivets on the left side started to shift - and one egged! So, getting the opinion af a local home-builder, the receiver is both out of spec AND garbage. I ordered a NDS-65 and need to find someone to replace the receiver. I do not have the equipment, and the builder who inspected it said it was well worth replacing. Any takers? The receiver should be splashing down at my door within the next week along with 2 sets of rivets from AK-Builder. Any ideas? I will pay you any fee to get this project field-ready.

SAM_1492.JPG

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
You might contact Dave Helton at

D and V Small Arms Repair

He did some work on an AR and built me a pistol a number of years ago, and was the in house smith at Wade's Eastside for a time. He has built pretty much everything at least once. If he can't help you, he can probably suggest someone who can. Nice guy, or at least he was 10 years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts