AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys, AK noob here... so while shooting, the rear receiver plate fell off of my hellpup! My friend suggested that I mount a stock adapter to cover the hole, does anyone agree that this would be OK?

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would file for a SBR. My last took 22 days, my brother just got one in 16 days. Then cut out the holes for the underfolder. This is the Hellpup with the unferfolder trunnion in place, correct?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would NOT waste $200.00 to aske for permission to SBR anything let alone a Hellpup. I would remove the rear trunnion and replace it with a forged trunnion or tack weld that plate back on. Unless you are willing to improve that gun with some forged parts I would advise against keeping it. They really are junk. Being a Noob to the AK stuff I would hang it on the wall for art and pick yourself up something better and safer. I have one that I bought stupid cheap as a kit. I already had all the parts laying around to make it a worthy firearm so its GTG. By the time you bought all the parts you need it would probably cost you more then a new one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
$200 is nothing when you are in the gun game. SBRs are awesome. You won't catch me with some pistol "braced" velcro strapped gun that may be misconstrued as an illegal sbr that looks like a cheap pair of shoes.

Is it worth it for your gun? Idk.. Dave says your gun is not good quality, by the picture I would agree. I would get a good quality gun if you plan on using it for anything besides a toy.

You pay taxes on everything you buy, don't let that scare you from a sbr. People buy silencers and machine guns for the same amount every day.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'd get the gun repaired under warranty if possible, sell it then buy a Yugo M92 or a Romanian Draco (I've seen "made in america" ones pop up from time to time, don't buy those). After that, you can go with whatever of the above advice you think is best.

·
Registered
205 Posts
$200 is nothing when you are in the gun game. SBRs are awesome. You won't catch me with some pistol "braced" velcro strapped gun that may be misconstrued as an illegal sbr that looks like a cheap pair of shoes.

Is it worth it for your gun? Idk.. Dave says your gun is not good quality, by the picture I would agree. I would get a good quality gun if you plan on using it for anything besides a toy.

You pay taxes on everything you buy, don't let that scare you from a sbr. People buy silencers and machine guns for the same amount every day.
I dont disagree with you there,$200.00 isnt shit. I also agree with you that we all pay tax on everything. The only difference is my cars are the only thing that are registered. As far as braces go you may not like them but there are people like my wife that needs them. Not everyone has fully functioning arms you know. You just keep those tax stamps flowing though the NFA LOVES it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts