AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, just checking in. Good to be here! Thanks Krink!

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
No problem......

Damn, I just remembered what JOHNO said......................and saw your location........

Don't tell me you are a Wolverines fan.................

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wolverines fan :shock: NO WAY!!.. OSU-'84 Go Buckeyes!!

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Most excellent. You and I are going to get along very well....

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Man,its going to take some getting used to..............I've always known you as Firedog51d! :grin:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, I can always change it back,at least until the neighborhood fills up! I go by fireman on several boards,Gunboards and a couple others. Firedog51d is my ebay and auction site screen name. I can always go by that here if it makes it easier for people.

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Get yourself an avatar!

KF

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
....ok I know what a wolverine is, but WTF is a buckeye?

Howdy all!

kewl avatar fireman! keep your old name I did!

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Rotdorn said:
....ok I know what a wolverine is, but WTF is a buckeye?
Don't make me punch you....

Ohio, the Buckeye State, received its nickname because of the many buckeye trees that once covered its hills and plains.
But that's only partly the reason. We have to go back to the feverish presidential campaign of 1840 for the rest of it.

William Henry Harrison, a Virginia-born Ohioan and military hero, was a candidate for the White House, but his opponents commented that he was better suited to sit in a log cabin and drink hard cider.

Some of Harrison's leading supporters, who were experts in promotional know-how, decided to turn into a positive reference what was supposed to be a negative one.

They dubbed him "the log cabin candidate," and chose as his campaign emblem a log cabin made of buckeye timbers, with a long string of buckeyes decorating its walls. Furthermore, in parades, his backers walked with buckeye canes and rolled whisky barrels.

The campaign gimmicks were successful. "Old Tippecanoe," as Harrison was often called, beat President Martin Van Buren in the latter's bid for re-election, and thereafter the buckeye was closely associated with the state of Ohio.

The name itself is of native origin. Because the markings on the nut resembled the eye of a buck, the Indians called it "hetuck" or "buckeye."

The name Ohio, meanwhile, can be traced to an Indian word meaning "great" and was first given to the historic river that borders our state.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
:roll: oh... :roll: I thought it was a cookie or something! GO OAKS! :grin:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Rotdorn is struggling with an identy crisis,he bleeds UT Orange but he's in denial! :grin:

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
you know John, you can call me a pediphilesurfpunknazi, and we are still friends, but the day you call me a Vol fan we are gonna mix it up! :wink:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Somehow I knew that would get your attention! :grin:

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
yeah right! :roll:

GO IRISH!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rotdorn said:
yeah right! :roll:

GO IRISH!
Did they go to a bowl game? Hmm...was it the Fiesta bowl? How did that go for the Irish? :twisted:

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
...look...we beat USC, they just had to put 7 seconds back on the clock, so Texas could play someone they could beat!

WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Rotdorn said:
...look...we beat USC, they just had to put 7 seconds back on the clock, so Texas could play someone they could beat!

WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!
:lol: right!!!! Didn't half the team just declare NFL draft eligible :lol: If those guys stuck around you would be preseason favorites.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts