AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Is there a reason that the VEPR's don't come with a heat shield in the handguards?

I made a heat shield tonight and thought I would ask before I tried it out.

Thanks,
Accountant

G

·
0 Posts
Me and 762 have been discussing making some after market heat shields for them. I would love to know how it works, it can't hurt anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
this sounds interesting.... btw, thanks biggerstick for inviting me to the forum.... i like what you guys have done with the place..... i should be giving fbmg some credit card #s very soon so i can get my first kalishnikov (it will be the Saiga12), but a 7.62 will be following along shorty after that :))))))

G

·
0 Posts
Mike, we're happy to have you! Are you getting a stock Saiga 12, or one that has had the Tromix treatment?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BiggerStick47 said:
Me and 762 have been discussing making some after market heat shields for them. I would love to know how it works, it can't hurt anything.

I will let you know how it works after the carbine class on the 25th. I don't think I will have time to shoot it before then.

The heatshield was easy to make. I used the heatshield out of an AR handuard. I had to bent it and trim it to fit but it didn't take very long.

Accountant

G

·
0 Posts
Accountant30339 said:
BiggerStick47 said:

I will let you know how it works after the carbine class on the 25th. I don't think I will have time to shoot it before then.

The heatshield was easy to make. I used the heatshield out of an AR handuard. I had to bent it and trim it to fit but it didn't take very long.

Accountant
Cool. Good luck at the class!

·
Registered
193 Posts
It takes longer than avg for the extra fat bbl to get hot, but it still does. I have been eyeing gutter flashing for raw material, wondering about epoxy/gasket sealant, and a pattern to dremel a few vents. Only a few months to get the RPK Lite ready for Bfest!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RS39 said:
It takes longer than avg for the extra fat bbl to get hot, but it still does. I have been eyeing gutter flashing for raw material, wondering about epoxy/gasket sealant, and a pattern to dremel a few vents. Only a few months to get the RPK Lite ready for Bfest!

Gasket sealant & gutter flashing?

RS39,

What do you have in mind?

Accountant

1 - 10 of 10 Posts