AK Rifles banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
TFB posted the recall.
The posting is dated May 11, 2022.
The recall is probably relatively recent.
I found the same recall with a quick goggle search on TFB, dated May 11 22. I'm more shocked that century issued a recall for their crap products.

My point is the silence from gun tubers is once again deafening. That would also be setting aside them bothering to review or promote another in a known failed product line from a bottom tier, lowest quality "manufacturer" with the term in quotes being used as a proven laughable punchline.

I like the AK hobby, I don't see how anything century does helps newcomers, or long time enthusiasts like myself enjoy or further our hobby.

·
Registered
964 Posts

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ole

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
That seems like a big block of serial numbers, https://www.centuryarms.com/media/Rhet/Resources/Post/Attachment/BFT47-recall-notice.pdf.

Good on AKOU for posting the recall notice. Hopefully other popular guntubers will also post the recall to get the information out. At the least to avoid their viewer's wasting money but more importantly before someone gets hurt.

Maybe now, new buyers and those that should know better will not risk the danger and wasting of money that comes with any century in house garbage build.

It's almost like past performance would dictate future outcomes, hmmm. Some of us have been warning that this latest BF-turd rollout is just another in a long line of predictable AK lookalike flops from century.

No matter the marketing, paid for reviews, fancy sounding components, manufacturing buzzwords and alleged "improvements" on Mr. K's design, it's just another in house century swing and a miss at a simple rifle that even the poorest Cold War Commie countries successfully made by the millions.

Another century swing and miss, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder and even Hellen Keller would have seen this coming.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Actually, he has endorsed the WASR10. He took his WASR10 through the 5,000 round torture test and it passed.
It's a simple thing to check -- either his website or YouTube.
Century Arms doesn't make the WASR10. They are made by Cugir Arms in Romania. How long have you been shooting AKs?

It's a simple thing to check -- either his website or YouTube.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Because as much as he wants AKs in the US market to succeed, he knows he couldn't put his name on any endorsement for a Century Arms product. It would destroy a reputation that he has spent years making.
You may want to go and skim thru RobSki's review of the Century Arms VSKA.
He had a lot of viewer "pressure" to FAIL that gun, but he stuck to his test protocol and called it as he saw it.
He took a lot of flak and a bunch of name calling for his opinions / results on the VSKA.
I thought it took a lot of guts to say what he did, it would have been very easy say what the crowd wanted to hear.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Meh, still not worth gambling on any of century's in house builds especially their latest attempt, the Big F'n Turd. We are only on the first recall, so far.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You may want to go and skim thru RobSki's review of the Century Arms VSKA.
He had a lot of viewer "pressure" to FAIL that gun, but he stuck to his test protocol and called it as he saw it.
He took a lot of flak and a bunch of name calling for his opinions / results on the VSKA.
I thought it took a lot of guts to say what he did, it would have been very easy say what the crowd wanted to hear.
I have zero interest in an AK without a side rail.

But I did see James Yeager and Tim @ Military Arms Channel rip the VSKA to pieces.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
I have zero interest in an AK without a side rail.

But I did see James Yeager and Tim @ Military Arms Channel rip the VSKA to pieces.

Yeager and Tiny Tim. Two douche bags I don’t trust. And I would never buy a Century in-house built gun.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeager and Tiny Tim. Two douche bags I don’t trust. And I would never buy a Century in-house built gun.
Don't trust? They took the rifle and made live unedited video while shooting it. The VSKA literally lost headspace (failed a no-go) on camera. It went from passing the no-go to failing, literally on film. Say what you want to about both of them, the rifle absolutely shat itself.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I'm surprised anyone watches disgraced tiny tim's channel anymore, to double down and add a yeager guest appearance makes it that much more cringy and unwatchable. No clicks for me.

From what I have gathered from other discussions about the video, they had loose barrel pins, migrating headspace, questionable "muh tool steeel" parts along with other known century problems all within a short firing cycle.

A broken clock is right twice a day and I don't think anyone needs those two clowns to rehash the all to common issues with century builds. If anything I would be skeptical of guntubers who post a glowing review of century builds.

Friends, you don't need to settle for garbage AK. You have much better foreign and US options.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
I'm surprised anyone watches disgraced tiny tim's channel anymore, to double down and add a yeager guest appearance makes it that much more cringy and unwatchable. No clicks for me.

From what I have gathered from other discussions about the video, they had loose barrel pins, migrating headspace, questionable "muh tool steeel" parts along with other known century problems all within a short firing cycle.

A broken clock is right twice a day and I don't think anyone needs those two clowns to rehash the all to common issues with century builds. If anything I would be skeptical of guntubers who post a glowing review of century builds.

Friends, you don't need to settle for garbage AK. You have much better foreign and US options.
Chuck Hawk is another I don’t trust. He has a website. He was making BS claims about S&W revolvers.

Yeager is the so called “gun expert”. That clown said Mosin Nagants are not sniper rifles. Mosins were not built as sniper rifles but were used as them. I say any rifle a sniper uses is a sniper rifle. Now being built specifically as a sniper rifle or not is a different discussion.

Clown Yeager also bashes 1911s. I only watched a few of his videos years ago. That was enough of him for me.

Grifter Tiny Tim, MAC, and Copper Custom can go to hell. He is lying sack of shit.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Chuck Hawk is another I don’t trust. He has a website. He was making BS claims about S&W revolvers.

Yeager is the so called “gun expert”. That clown said Mosin Nagants are not sniper rifles. Mosins were not built as sniper rifles but were used as them. I say any rifle a sniper uses is a sniper rifle. Now being built specifically as a sniper rifle or not is a different discussion.

Clown Yeager also bashes 1911s. I only watched a few of his videos years ago. That was enough of him for me.

Grifter Tiny Tim, MAC, and Copper Custom can go to hell. He is lying sack of shit.
Ooof don't get me started on yeager, aka the ditch bitch. What a pompous ass.

After tiny tim and the SVD fiasco I went looking for other content to watch, not all firearm vids as I'm more of a history nut. I un subscribed from everyone in tiny tim's influencer group but still watch some GT and GNG videos. There is so much out there worth watching.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts