AK Rifles banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Is this a worthy first ak or pay for a more premium version with a chrome lined barrel? I want to buy my first AK and this bft47 model seems to fit my needs and specs on paper seem ok, but at the price of $829 plus tax I can save up more for the Zastava M70 Zpap. Opinions please as I am really in no rush to buy but I would like to buy the right first AK for a solid experience vs a questionable day at the range.
Simply put, no in house century build is worth it. Over the years they have earned their solid reputation as bottom tier trash. Some searching here at the forum will get you more info as far as century's track record.

For built rifles you would be much better off looking into a Zastava like you mentioned, a Romanian import or even something by KUSA. Why start off your journey into the fun world of AKs with an inferior, questionable, lookalike rifle?

If your budget allows, you could also get a kit and have it built by one top builders that post here at the Forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Simply put, no in house century build is worth it. Over the years they have earned their solid reputation as bottom tier trash. Some searching here at the forum will get you more info as far as century's track record.

For built rifles you would be much better off looking into a Zastava like you mentioned, a Romanian import or even something by KUSA. Why start off your journey into the fun world of AKs with an inferior, questionable, lookalike rifle?

If your budget allows, you could also get a kit and have it built by one top builders that post here at the Forum.

Ty for your opinion and I am still looking at the available options as I have not made a purchase yet

·
Registered
35 Posts
Another "meh" vote and a hard pass. Given century's past QC and customer service problems I would not want to be a beta tester or owner of one of their pos in house build rifles. YouTube influencer video notwithstanding.
I would be willing to bet that if Century just sent that to Rob, they went over it very carefully to ensure it does not blow up on him while testing it out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did not like the Sig red dot I put on the BFT47 one bit. I put it on my Ruger PC Carbine 9mm and it seemed to work out OK on that unit. So I am back to the iron sights on the Turd. Me and a buddy ran another 100 through it today. I used Tula and he brought out some Brown Bear. The off gas on the Tula stinks! It groups ok but it smells very different than the Brown Bear.

No problems yet with the Turd-it seems to eat everything I run through it. If something blows up you guys will be the second to know. First will be the EMT’s

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I did not like the Sig red dot I put on the BFT47 one bit. I put it on my Ruger PC Carbine 9mm and it seemed to work out OK on that unit. So I am back to the iron sights on the Turd. Me and a buddy ran another 100 through it today. I used Tula and he brought out some Brown Bear. The off gas on the Tula stinks! It groups ok but it smells very different than the Brown Bear.

No problems yet with the Turd-it seems to eat everything I run through it. If something blows up you guys will be the second to know. First will be the EMT’s
Hopefully you do not get hurt.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I remember seeing this video awhile back---500 yards with irons and 7.63x39. It was impressive and made me take notice of American AKs for the first time.
Link to video?

I've done shots at 600yds on steel with Yugo and Soviet style RPK builds. Neither were first shot hits or very repeatable at all. I consider 300yds and in x39s playing field and it does it well.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Oops!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,635 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
They forgot to feed their monkeys again i see

·
Registered
960 Posts
Maybe explains why Rob Ski hasn't posted additional vids on the BFT.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: jonm78

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Because as much as he wants AKs in the US market to succeed, he knows he couldn't put his name on any endorsement for a Century Arms product. It would destroy a reputation that he has spent years making.
Makes sense, even with another flawed century product, others from his influencer group are putting out their vid or vids on the BF-turd.

I don't watch these guys content much but has any of them posted the recall notice on the BF-turd? You would think they would want to keep their subscribers up to date and safe, right?

·
Registered
23,214 Posts
Tch. "Durability issues" BARREL ON BACKWARDS. Used butter instead of steel. Who fucking knows. I'll never forgive them for the 5.45 Tantal where they used 5.56 barrels and told people that keyholing was normal and it increased wounding capability. Fuck them.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts