AK Rifles banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Close in you are usually gareenteed hits but also like wise.

Try a red dot, get a prism version if you have astigmatism like me.
i really need more trigger time on it but the damn panda flu side effects have not gone away completely ,i have to shoot left handed because of my eye sight and as bad luck has it the side effects are with the left side of my face .....to say cheek slap is an understatement . I never thought i would say it but my 300 win mag is easier on my face

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dont we have a lot of them break at the gun range, they are junk for the price. Get holosun if you are on a budget.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Thanks for the pics.

Mostly interested in how the locking surfaces on the bolt and trunnion might be holding up.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mostly interested in how the locking surfaces on the bolt and trunnion might be holding up.
Ok very well then. 60 is not a good test of that. Here's what I will do. I am going to break it down as far as I can give it a good clean/lube job, there are unstained surfaces on the maple I may sand it all off, cherry stain or linseed oil it have not decided yet. Then I will run 300 or so down the pipe and post more pics. 60 is not a good test of any new firearm in my experience. And waiting for my bride to red dot me on my birthday

Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Bicycle part Gas

·
Registered
420 Posts
Rob Ski throws his in a swamp
Does this prove or disprove anything?

Who is Karl and why is he a "retard"?
Probably doesn't prove too much in the short term ,it could prove bad in the long term for the gun.Its part of the pirates approval testing and its fun to watch .....and sometimes i like to play with a dirty gun or get dirty with my wife .

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
That video from the bearded tubby "arfcom" guy was cringeworthy, I'm confused, are AKs not cheap commie trashcan guns anymore?

The more the youtube gun bros push in house century crap the less I care about their paid for adds or products.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I just watched Rob Ski's "All Weather" video posted above. I was concerned about the rivets that attach the front trunion to the receiver. On other Century builds, the typical practice has been that Century presses the barrel in to the trunion, then presses the barrel/trunion combination into the receiver and rivets it in place. The problem comes when setting the trunion rivets. Since the barrel is already in place it is impossible to get a riveting press in between the chamber end of the barrel to properly "squash" the rivet tail against the inside of the trunion - it looks like they just use the chamber end of the barrel to squash the rivet against. If you carefully look at the one rivet that is visible, you will often see that the tail of the rivet is only slightly bulged, which indicates that it is NOT properly set and will likely shoot loose sometime in the future.

(The proper process is to press the trunion into the receiver and use a riveting tool to properly set all of the trunion rivets. Then press the barrel into the trunion, and install the barrel pin through the barrel and sight block. Looking in at this rivet you will then see that the rivet will be properly squashed against the inside of the trunion.)

In Rob Ski's latest video, his camera operator, Ula, did get a very good shot of this rivet, and lo and behold it appears to be properly set! So another feather in Century's cap here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this a worthy first ak or pay for a more premium version with a chrome lined barrel? I want to buy my first AK and this bft47 model seems to fit my needs and specs on paper seem ok, but at the price of $829 plus tax I can save up more for the Zastava M70 Zpap. Opinions please as I am really in no rush to buy but I would like to buy the right first AK for a solid experience vs a questionable day at the range.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Is this a worthy first ak or pay for a more premium version with a chrome lined barrel? I want to buy my first AK and this bft47 model seems to fit my needs and specs on paper seem ok, but at the price of $829 plus tax I can save up more for the Zastava M70 Zpap. Opinions please as I am really in no rush to buy but I would like to buy the right first AK for a solid experience vs a questionable day at the range.
Hard to say at this point. The gun is simply too new to know how it may hold up and how QC will be. I'd suggest getting a more established product.

Reactions: edbattle3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hard to say at this point. The gun is simply too new to know how it may hold up and how QC will be. I'd suggest getting a more established product.

Ty and I am looking at all the options that are available and keeping a eye on Rob's videos about the bft 47 to see if it passes his stamp of approval.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Don't even waste your money on the century for that price, they are a 400 dollar AK and they are way over priced. Buy the M70 that is built like a tank.

Reactions: edbattle3

·
Registered
37 Posts
JUST BID ON A USED WASR ON GUN BROKER. I have bought 2 Wasr's for under $650 in the last 7 months off of gun broker

·
Registered
26 Posts
Put another 80 through the BFT today. Still waiting for something to go wrong. Just plain fun ringing steel! She wears a red not now. I am an old man still getting used to dots not crosshairs.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts