AK Rifles banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Fingers crossed
hope century hit a home run with this rifle.
The future of the import AK does not look good considering all that's happening in Ukraine which will most likely send shock waves thru Europe if things get worse.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just got a notification that this was posted.

I noticed this rifle, at a very good price, on the Atlantic Firearms web site, and unlike the previous Century offering, this rifle has the RPK bulged trunion, and the gas block and FSB is equipped for the included cleaning rod, and the bayonet lug is not neutered! It also had what appeared to be a standard AK optic rail on the left side of the receiver. The gas system appears to be traditional AK 47, with the vent holes in the side of the gas tube. He never commented on or showed the butt plate, and I wonder if it has the trap door and if the stock is drilled for the cleaning kit.

Rob says in his video that Century just sent him this rifle out of the blue, so to speak. Rob says that he didn't buy it or request that it be sent to him for review. Century just sort of stuck their neck out, so to speak, and included a note with the rifle, so to speak, that went something like "F.U. Rob! We hope you choke on it!" - tongue-in-cheek I presume. (Rob has been pretty much a critic of Century in the past.)

Anyway, Rob loaded it up on a windy day and shot it first at 50 yards in order to get a rough sight in. I gather that these were the first round he shot through the rifle. After pushing the front sight post to the right about one turn on his sight tool, then cranking it down about one turn, he had it shooting pretty much center mass with bullet strikes touching. He then moved it out to 100 yards, and even in the wind was getting groups that looked to me to be less than 2 MOA! He shot it at 300 yards, and was getting groups that looked to be about the size of your hand, and then was having solid hits at 500 yards after he figured out the wind hold-off!

Century might be on to something here! Rob Ski seems to think so, and I expect to see an extended test in the offing. I know that am interested.

If no metallurgy issues come to light this promises to be a good rifle. And I bet that Atlantic's $775.00 price won't last long.
It also has a 1.5mm thick receiver.
It does not have a trap door in the stock for a cleaning kit.
MSRP is $830 from my understanding. A LGS is asking $940 for them. Atlantic Firearms is $775.
Since it is an American product, foreign parts can be added and the 922 rule will never be broken.
Rob Ski indicated that he will, at some point, do a 3,000 round test (since the ammo is so expensive for a 5,000 round test.
No indication of when he will release videos of the upcoming test.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It was probably the best rifle in the batch lol. They were like " oh my goodness this particular rifle is very accurate and reliable!! send it to Rob" LOL but it will be cool to see how this works out. And get reports from other customers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Why does anyone with two brain cells even chance it with century anymore. Their marketing department makes up facts about their guns which are not even remotely true, their craftsmanship makes Anderson ARs look like BCM quality. They got caught at shot show making shit up to fluff up their rifles. I dont get it people. Talk about wanting to get screwed without lube. Century is the brand I would never advise anyone to ever buy, they build shit. If a person buys it knowing their history I don't feel bad for them when they get screwed. There are Still a number of importers to buy from. Put the paint chips down and step away from century's typical bullshit. Buy KUSA for a little more for goodness sake. A 900 dollar century wtf are people smoking

·
Registered
154 Posts
150 more you can get a Zastava m70. Again century are a terrible AK

·
Registered
960 Posts
I brought one home. My gun shop guy gave me a cold hard cash discount. $810 plus Wisconsin sales tax. I hope to make some gong noises this weekend at my AR500 plates. My eyes are old so methinks a red dot or something will be added.

View attachment 329863 View attachment 329864
Mind posting some photos of the internals? TIA!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mind posting some photos of the internals? TIA!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I will do that after I put 50 rounds through it. I did notice the main spring or trigger spring or whatever you guys call it is single strand. Unlike the AK’s I played with 40 years ago which were double stranded if that makes any sense. And the rear sling attachment point is in the buttstock never seen that before

·
Registered
26 Posts
So I understand this is a place to attach a scope or red dot mount. What brand do you guys recommend? Ashamed to admit my eyes can’t clear focus the iron sights.

Air gun Trigger Wood Grey Shotgun

Is there a package I can buy for a red dot scope or 2X cross hair scope and the correct mount/rings/rail? Everything I need in a one stop shop? Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I understand this is a place to attach a scope or red dot mount. What brand do you guys recommend? Ashamed to admit my eyes can’t clear focus the iron sights.

View attachment 329927

Is there a package I can buy for a red dot scope or 2X cross hair scope and the correct mount/rings/rail? Everything I need in a one stop shop? Thanks
Nice! im excited to hear your feedback and get some detailed pics for us. Its starting to look like, this is the first halfway decent American made AK. So Im excited to see how it holds up.

And with the trigger spring you're talking about, I believe you're talking about a "hammer spring". im not sure why some American companies use the single piece instead of a braided one. The braided ones are very good, never failed me. I think the new single piece ones are weaker. Could be wrong tho, easy fix on your end.

For the side rail mount, I honestly don't have one. Mostly because there are so many on the market. But if you have enough money, Arsenal makes a really good one. But I think they're 150$ now... I have 4 different dust cover rails. TWS, a parabellum, etc. however, not all dust cover rails fit the same..

My favorite rail is actually a 20$ one I got on wish.com.. and it mounts to where the sight leaf is. I can provide pics and details if you need me to.

Good luck my friend, please post some more pics and updates!

·
Registered
420 Posts

View attachment 329927

yeah the sights are for young soldiers not us old fudds lol ,i am still holding off on an optic ,i can hold a 50 foot perimeter with my ak and thats what i got it to do.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Close in you are usually gareenteed hits but also like wise.

Try a red dot, get a prism version if you have astigmatism like me.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts