AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I will freely admit I come from Eastern European descent . I'm forth generation Polish on my mothers side and we've always been spiritual to a point.

Not trying to turn it into a religious debate but in my time collecting kits I've only seen one that the second I saw where my response was (no I will not own that.)

It was a Yugo kit that had some trench art linked back to Arkan and the Tigers.

Just think having something like that has bad juju associated with it.

If it can be traced back to something specific especially with wars like that I just don't feel comfortable having something like that under my roof.

Has there ever been a kit or parts that gave you that kind of feeling?

·
Registered
199 Posts
OK I will freely admit I come from Eastern European descent . I'm forth generation Polish on my mothers side and we've always been spiritual to a point.

Not trying to turn it into a religious debate but in my time collecting kits I've only seen one that the second I saw where my response was (no I will not own that.)

It was a Yugo kit that had some trench art linked back to Arkan and the Tigers.

Just think having something like that has bad juju associated with it.

If it can be traced back to something specific especially with wars like that I just don't feel comfortable having something like that under my roof.

Has there ever been a kit or parts that gave you that kind of feeling?
No but some believe objects can hold energy, so I'm not discounting it. I would like to see that kit that had Arkan trenchart though, I collect Serbian trench art ;)

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Trust your gut. Always.
I get that feeling from people mostly. But on occasion, inanimate objects too. I have a car that dies anytime a female drives it. No shit. It's very strange. She loves me tho lol.

Reactions: ak74dude

·
Technical Advisor
15,610 Posts
In some of the trench art Zastava handguards that APEX sold I received a lower handguard with a swastika on the side.

At first I thought maybe this was done in the USA.
But when I looked up the Yugoslavian fascist party in WWII and long after into the Balkan Wars.
., I saw that the Ustase group was guilty of ethnic extermination and war crimes.

Often adopting the swastika symbol after the German occupation.
I did not destroy the handguard but never mounted it and soon sold it.

Bad ju ju.

·
Registered
737 Posts
too bad about the swastika. The Germans gave it a bad rap. Been used for a very long time by many different people as good luck symbol and here in the USA the 45th division had it on its patch till WW2
Patch_of_the_45th_Infantry_Division_(1924-1939).svg.png

·
Registered
164 Posts
I personally have never experienced what you describe, but recently enjoyed time at the range with someone who had a Yugo parts kit/furniture with that sort of thing, and mentioned it.

Not really off topic, so bear with me here... But there seems to be a biblical precedent for this sort of thing: a physical/material object that "carries" some sort of (?) (for lack of a better term) "ju ju" with it. See Acts 19:11-12

·
Technical Advisor
15,610 Posts
My aversion to the swastika was not religeous or biblical but rather that symbol does not represent anything that I respect or want to display.

Other trench art is different.
Names of the soldiers., or their wives, girlfriends or home city etc.
Those are personal trench art with provenance of a soldier serving his time in a war zone.

This versus the part of war that is direct evil in ethnic cleansing and murder of civilian men,, women and childten at the personal level.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a Bulgarian t3 stock that has been there.
It has 20 some small "hash" marks on the underside (23 iirc)

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
I believe that people should try to go with their initial instinct. However, I've never had a feeling one way or the other about an inanimate object like that. I think things are what we make of it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had a kit build Yugo M70 “slab side” 1mm underfolder build with a wicked looking “M” carved in the the lower handguard. Holding it by a campfire late one night it started creeping me out, it was glowing almost it seems and imbibed me with a negative attitude and feelings of ill will. Soon after traded it for a NHM91. This is 2008/2009, I was 18/19.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, I had some Yugo trench art furniture that I just could not shake the bad juju feeling on.
Took it off and sold it.
First and only time for that.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Seriously? I guess I am on my own. My favorite parts are the ones that give me chills. When I was scraping dried blood out of the “Death Tula” I had goose bumps. Hell, I have them now just typing and remembering it. Real BFPU stuff always gives me the chills. I think all collectors get the willies sometimes, but I love it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
In some of the trench art Zastava handguards that APEX sold I received a lower handguard with a swastika on the side.

At first I thought maybe this was done in the USA.
But when I looked up the Yugoslavian fascist party in WWII and long after into the Balkan Wars.
., I saw that the Ustase group was guilty of ethnic extermination and war crimes.

Often adopting the swastika symbol after the German occupation.
I did not destroy the handguard but never mounted it and soon sold it.

Bad ju ju.
I actually think that I own those handguards now. Also has the SS runes.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No but some believe objects can hold energy, so I'm not discounting it. I would like to see that kit that had Arkan trenchart though, I collect Serbian trench art ;)

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
The hebe jebe’s are a real thing, can’t explain why it happens it it does. Recoup your loses, sell it and put the money to the kit you really want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts