AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought this would be a cool/cheap build on a bulgy underfolder kit with suomi sticks and a converted/rewelded polish receiver from apex.
wouldn't be able to fold it with drums and don't want to cut the underside of bolt for single feed drums, so would stay with sticks.
standard blowback conversion with bolt welded into carrier.
no worries about rewelding the receiver as the lug area is a non-issue in blowback.

any others out there, or any thoughts?

·
Registered
507 Posts
:confused: it made sense fine to me. Can't say I've got any help other than that there actually have been some guys that have built similar and it seems like a neat project. I'd shoot the hell out of one that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Are you planning to turn a barrel from a blank to use the AK barrel components? What's your plan for a mag well?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am converting a junk barrel that i got from numrich from 357 to 9x19. it is a pre-chambered imi timberwolf barrel that was about 20$. should be able to cut it back and re-chamber with a W drill bit and a small flap rod and sandpaper on the lathe. planning to use 356 casting reloads, so not worried about a 357 bore. planning to use suomi stick mags and will be scratch building parts to place in the receiver for a mag well. gonna wing it a bit. have a bunch of suomi drums but these are single feed, so would require narrowing the bolt bottom face and would not allow the stock to fold when inserted. the other option is to go with a fixed stock and cut this specifically for drum mag use. ordered 2 kits from a gunbroker seller ($199 each) and 3 re-weldable receivers from apex today ($55 shipped), so i guess i could do one of each. add a barrel adn a magazine for $35 and total build cost will be under $300 each.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Might be of some use for you OP. Not sure if you've seen these threads but this fellow on the files was/is working on a 9mm AK. I stopped following the threads, it appeared some guys were getting frustrated due to lack of pics of final product etc as the OP over there created a WTS thread for his kits, I guess he wanted the funds up front to fund purchasing the parts, not totally sure but I think that was the gist of it... Pics in here of his prototype nonetheless...

vityaz prototype - The AK Files Forums

anyone interested in a 9mm parts kit? - The AK Files Forums

WTS: 9mm AK vityaz kits - The AK Files Forums

1 - 8 of 8 Posts