AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
In Range met with Harlan at the Shot Show. I think he can give a detailed report.

He did say they were making great progress on the receiver...

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Harlan's going to post here this week with an update. He sent me an IM early last week. Hopefully soon we'll have these receivers in hand.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I hope they turn out according to our expectations. I'm gonna need an assload of them if they do!

Better get the checkbook ready...

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
1Gunner said:
SVT said:
1Gunner said:
Regular receivers? FAL receivers?
RPK receivers.
Yeah I need to know when the regular AK receivers and FAL receivers are coming out also
Sorry, I misread your post. I thought you were wondering what receivers we were talking about. Have no clue on the FAL, but Harlan said the AK receivers would be awhile.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
They are pretty pricy and don't have dimples...From what I understand, late model Romy Rpk's were made without the dimples. My kit has dimple so it was important to me to keep it that way.

I ordered a Cold steel blank. Gotta drill a few holes, cut the magwell, and trigger guard. Then weld the rails in. Its detail oriented, but I have heard of people doing it with files, a dremel, and a hand drill.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Robpiat said:
They are pretty pricy and don't have dimples...From what I understand, late model Romy Rpk's were made without the dimples. My kit has dimple so it was important to me to keep it that way.

I ordered a Cold steel blank. Gotta drill a few holes, cut the magwell, and trigger guard. Then weld the rails in. Its detail oriented, but I have heard of people doing it with files, a dremel, and a hand drill.
Most RPK's did have the dimples, thats why im unsure of Harlans reason for shortcutting these...

Even his Yugo w/ RPK style trunnions had the dimples.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually wanted both ... Dimples won tho ...

I have a '89 kit that would be correct without dimples ... Halfway tempted to only build that one now ... Leave the '75 kit alone and hope someone manuf. a "dimpled" RPK receiver ???

That's a big risk I think ... Better buy 2 rec. now !!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I ordered my Yugo receiver about a week and half or so ago and no show yet. And I have two Romy kits and I can tell neither originally had dimples. So I'm OK with the decision.............. :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts