AK Rifles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The most American of holidays.

In these dark days it's good to remember and celebrate our founding's and traditions. Be kind to your neighbors or strangers, invite that old grumpy man or women over to share your table. I try and I give thanks to God for our nation.

If you'll permit me, let Rush explain better than I can the true history of our Thanksgiving.
I miss his wisdom and insight.

On a lighter note, post your favorite dishes, your family traditions and or your Thanksgiving stories.

·
Registered
23,028 Posts
I want someone to show me where the beavers are :/

• Haha
Reactions: JeepFan

·
Registered
386 Posts
Wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving 🦃

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have that book Rush talks about, Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims. Imagine being in this ship for a few months on the ocean.

View attachment 322852

View attachment 322853

Plymouth Colony

View attachment 322854
My family comes from New England. When I was very young (late 70s early 80s) my family lived on the cape about 30 minutes from Plymouth Rock and the replica Mayflower. My dad taught me how to fish off of the Plymouth Breakwater. The flounder, cod and haddock were good. It was a different place than now, I'm embarrassed of what Mass has become.

I can remember at least one winter storm that took out our power for weeks. It was snowing and cold, we had food and a wood stove. I cannot imagine how hard it must have been for the Pilgrims.

Originally, I wanted to post a link to a documentary,

It used to be free on Netflix, now it seems it's on prime for a fee. Anyway, it's a great watch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts