6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going on vacation; see you in two weeks. :grin:

From Flickr: bump firing.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Nice.

Ya know, I noticed the other day whilst bumping my Krinkov that it's not that hard to keep all the rounds in one area, even when bumping from the hip.

·
Banned
636 Posts
Dude, you guys really need to police that shooting area. People that leave their crap everywhere get places like this closed all the time and should be prosecuted for littering. :evil:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
dtemplar said:
Dude, you guys really need to police that shooting area. People that leave their crap everywhere get places like this closed all the time and should be prosecuted for littering. :evil:
Maybe he does... How do you even know it's his stuff? :neutral:

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
It's always amazing to see still photos that show just how violently rounds are ejected by capturing the brass thrown so far in the air.

Enjoy vacation!

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dtemplar said:

Maybe Flickr will turn him in.

:lol:

·
Banned
636 Posts
Tx Dogblaster said:
dtemplar said:
That's why I said "you guys", as in referring to ALL the people shooting there. I didn't call him out individually, but I'd be more than willing to bet he doesn't pick up every last piece of brass, trash, shot up targets, etc. :roll:

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dtemplar said:
Tx Dogblaster said:
dtemplar said:
That's why I said "you guys", as in referring to ALL the people shooting there. I didn't call him out individually, but I'd be more than willing to bet he doesn't pick up every last piece of brass, trash, shot up targets, etc. :roll:
Around here there's an area near the dump where people leave cans, bottles, and whatnot.

Yeah, it's ugly, but everyone knows it's the plinker's range.

Sooner or later, the environmentalists get disgusted and clean it up.

Gives the tree huggers something to do besides ban hunting, shooting, and whatever else. :grin:

·
Banned
636 Posts
I just hate to see trashed up areas become off-limits for shooting. I guess it hits home for me because there was a PRIMO shooting spot back when I was in Arizona that was closed down. I know it's often impossible to pick everything up down to the last casing, but I at least try. If I'm shooting anything other than paper targets (cans, glass, monitors, etc), I always place a very large tarp on the ground so I can roll it up and dump the trash easily. I also stand on another large tarp that catches a great deal of brass. I know some get away every now and then, but it does help a great bit. Oh well, at least it makes a small dent amidst everyone else' crap they leave behind. :roll:

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dtemplar said:
I just hate to see trashed up areas become off-limits for shooting. I guess it hits home for me because there was a PRIMO shooting spot back when I was in Arizona that was closed down. I know it's often impossible to pick everything up down to the last casing, but I at least try. If I'm shooting anything other than paper targets (cans, glass, monitors, etc), I always place a very large tarp on the ground so I can roll it up and dump the trash easily. I also stand on another large tarp that catches a great deal of brass. I know some get away every now and then, but it does help a great bit. Oh well, at least it makes a small dent amidst everyone else' crap they leave behind. :roll:

Lighten up, Dude. :smile:

It's just a photo of someone bump firing, okay? :roll:

If it hurts your eyes, don't look at it. :grin:

·
Banned
636 Posts
Yeah, and you must go through life averting your eyes to everything you don't like because, hey, you don't want to see/do/comment on it, right? :roll:

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dtemplar said:
Yeah, and you must go through life averting your eyes to everything you don't like because, hey, you don't want to see/do/comment on it, right? :roll:

I just refuse to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders. People are going to throw their trash out in the desert whether I object to it or not.

Not everything has to be turned into a Federal case, right, Man? :neutral:

I posted what I thought was a cool pic of someone bump firing. That's all.

:smile:

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Wow why are you guys being so gay about the picture? IT'S A PICTURE OF SOMEONE BUMPFIRING! And all you guys are looking at is an empty ammo box on the ground. Were you there when this photo took place? No, so you don't exactly know whether they cleaned up or not.

SHEESH! You guys all need to have a group unbunching of your panties :roll:

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DTEMPLAR: I apologize if I offended you. :smile:

Here ya go, Buddy. I censored the photo for ya. No hard feelings. :grin:

Sorry, Dude, I know I'm playin' with ya. I'm about three hours from being on vacation and you ain't gonna ruin it for me.

:wink:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Zane Zackerly said:
DTEMPLAR: I apologize if I offended you. :smile:
Here ya go, Buddy. I censored the photo for ya. No hard feelings. :grin:

Sorry, Dude, I know I'm playin' with ya. I'm about three hours from being on vacation and you ain't gonna ruin it for me.

:wink:
OMG that's freaking hilarious :hail:

·
Banned
636 Posts
Blanco_Diablo said:
Wow why are you guys being so gay about the picture? IT'S A PICTURE OF SOMEONE BUMPFIRING! And all you guys are looking at is an empty ammo box on the ground. Were you there when this photo took place? No, so you don't exactly know whether they cleaned up or not.

SHEESH! You guys all need to have a group unbunching of your panties :roll:
I think you need your eye prescription re-checked because, apparently, you missed stuff like the soda bottle in the creek and trash ALL over the hillside behind the target. And, yeah, sure, riiiiight... That guy is going to pick all of the trash up. :roll:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts