AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prepped for hurricane Gustav. I live between New Orleans and Baton Rouge and things aren't looking good for us. I-10 conta flow starts at 4pm tonight. Wal Mart stopped selling guns and ammo per parish governments. The Governor is telling everyone in costal areas to evacuate. I have a generator, gas, ammo, and plenty of alcohol. Hope it's not too bad...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Actually, contraflow starts at 4am.

And only goes to I-55.
I-10 will still be open in both directions from LaPlace to BR.

But it' still going to be hell getting across 61 in Gonzales!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I work on a marina/resort on Lake Fork, we have RV spaces, 45 motel rooms...I went from 15 on the books to this weekend and a few rv spaces to completely full and probably turned down 150 people on the phone today. Completely insane!

I wish everyone the best, I am glad people are taking it serious this time and evacing. Best of luck if you are going to stick it out

·
Registered
93 Posts
The walmarts in lafayette have not sold guns since katrina and rita. In fact they just started staying open 24hrs again this year. Now its going to be another 2 1/2 years before i can do my late night shopping.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
I left with the wife and baby yesterday evening from Lafourche parish. They are saying it is going to make landfall either Terrebonne or Lafourche parish.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
I just hope my home is still standing and not full of water after it is over.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Prayers said for the Louisiana folks! My hearts hurts for you all, this is like a recurring bad dream.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Pain Man

My best wishes and good thoughts to you and yours.
After two here,I understand the total disruption and stress
that follows.
I hope it mostly misses you and you can let us know how your doing soon.
:cool:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I know you all know this, but don't drive if you don't really have to. One of ours was killed quick by Charley, on the road.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gaucho1 said:
Pain Man

My best wishes and good thoughts to you and yours.
After two here,I understand the total disruption and stress
that follows.
I hope it mostly misses you and you can let us know how your doing soon.
:cool:
Thanks Gaucho. We are now under curfew. Feeder bands are moving in. The authorities say possible wide power outages. I do have a 5K generator and 15 gallons of gas. Just wait and see now... :sad:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts