AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From recommendations I have decided to go with Gunkote. I was thinking AK black. So do I call KG or go thru Brownells? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Schmidt said:
From recommendations I have decided to go with Gunkote. I was thinking AK black. So do I call KG or go thru Brownells? Thanks for the help.
Brownells has the Guncote in liquid or spray can but do not have the AK Black yet (I don't think) unless they have just started carrying it. I hope they do.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I went straight to KG and used satin black,Didn't what a shiny finish. I love this stuff.Good luck and follow directions and concider all the wonderful info on this site.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Ditto - go straight to KG....

http://www.kgcoatings.com/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=26

If in doubt about gloss levels? Email Joe Fazio :) He'll explain that, depending on which FORMULA you use, "Satin" may be way too shiney. For example - I use 1600F (technically FLAT black). But in the high Teflon product line? This comes out as a great general purpose Satin. 1600S (technically Satin) is far more of a gloss... perfect for Hungarians :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Exotic-Toys said:
Go straight to Joe....They just shipped me out another 1 quart of AK Black.

:dance:

thanks a ton !!

it must be cheaper there, than the $40 total shipped,that it cost me for one little spray can from brownells !!

·
Registered
261 Posts
well, I just called KG and talked to a super nice gal named debbie. Not to put down brownells(great company), because that little spray can is the way to go,for a one time jobber. but it is actually thinned,she said to about 30%,vs the original product they sell. she said it was done for the can's ability to be used.

I just ordered two pints of %100 product(sprayable,no thinning required) for $28 each,satin black and ak back. now, given I have an air compressor and a HVLP rig, I sure wish I would have did this the first time, because that little can cost me $40 for a 6 ounce can!(and it is thinned down too!,no wonder I had to use almost all of it up on one rifle)

thanks again,like usual guys :dance:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts