AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DSCI0277.JPG DSCI0280.JPG DSCI0284.JPG

Picked up this Polish Radom in 9x19mm this past weekend. It's all matching numbered except the mag; however, the mag that came with the hand gun is Polish. The holster and the mag to the right are reproduction. The main thing I liked about this pistol is while checking the numbers inside and out I noticed the inter working were in 98% bluing. The barrel is like new which tells me that this pistol was not shot very much. Outside looks to be 70-80% (holster wear). I think I did pretty well for $700.00. It is for sure a shooter.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
that's an awesome find,congrats. looks in great condition.

iirc,wasn't the correct name the Vis 35 or P35 or something like that. mechanically,it's similar to a browning HP but with unique features like the grip and,iirc,was highly regarded as one of the best made pistols in it's day,at least the ones not made during the war(although they're probably all great).

do you know the date of production?

remind me again what the lever on the slide does. is that a decocker on a SA?

·
Super Moderator
25,791 Posts
Very cool! Are there Waffenamts on this example?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Very, very cool.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Very nice original condition Polish Radom!!!
What is the suffix on your Radom and does the main spring housing have the slot for a butt stock?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I'm not up on the market for these, but I will say that this is one of the nicest ones I've ever seen. Nice catch!:cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok, I looked closer at your photos you have a B suffix block pistol made under German occupation and should have the butt stock slot.
I wouldn't call it a shooter, definetly a collector, I'd be a hypocrite if I said don't shoot it because I shoot mine sparingly. But should a part brake it would be very hard to fine a replacement especially if the extractor broke.
I'm a little rusty but if I remember correctly the Germans started with no suffix and continued from A to Z with 10000 blocks of pistols starting at 0000 and ending with 9999.
Before the occupation of Poland the radom's had the polish crest stamped on the side, a polish eagle is rare. Yours was some where between 20000 and 30000 production range of Radom pistols made during the German occupation.
Your have a very nice German occupation made Radom, if only they could talk.

·
Registered
35 Posts
As for the magazines they didn't stamp the serial number on them like they did with the Luger P.08.
Some will have German inspector stamps and ones made before German occupation won't.
Yours was an earlier made Radom as time progress the quality went down, later Radom were pretty rough looking lots of tooling marks, and they start using roll pins.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The left side of the slide has: F.B. Radom VIS Mod 35 Pat. Nr. 15567....Right side has: B 2xxx...Has the slot for the butt stock...as far as other markings: it has proof marks on the left side of slide and frame, no eagles or such. As far as mag markings, it has a mark on the top front of the floor plate.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Radom I have is B1XXX and was told the production date was around June of 1941. Yours would have been produce shorty after that.
They stopped producing Radom's with stock slots around the C or D suffix range if I remember correctly.
As I stated earlier the later produced Radom's had rough tooling marks and roll pins, they also stopped putting the take down latch on the back left side of the frame.
Yours is a nice example of an early occupation Radom, these pistol were very well made and I think there some of the nicest pistols to come out of WWII, enjoy.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Radom I have is B1XXX and was told the production date was around June of 1941. Yours would have been produce shorty after that.
They stopped producing Radom's with stock slots around the C or D suffix range if I remember correctly.
As I stated earlier the later produced Radom's had rough tooling marks and roll pins, they also stopped putting the take down latch on the back left side of the frame.
Yours is a nice example of an early occupation Radom, these pistol were very well made and I think there some of the nicest pistols to come out of WWII, enjoy.
Thanks for the feedback. Production around late 1941 may be it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Nice catch. I had a German second version, but sold it years ago. That is the one pistol I regret selling now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts