AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bh: At the Berea gun show this past weekend I was taken completely by surprise to find an old, fairly well used Yugo m57 pistol, one mag,'and beat up holster for $700. I just had to ask the seller for clarification and he shamelessly replied "$700.00".
I just smiled and walked away. Content in the knowledge that in, say, one hundred years, my good condition m57 with two mags and holster will certainly fetch me such a price.

Maybe I should pack it in grease and put it away. But then again, in one hundred years I won't remember where I put that damned thing, so it really wouldn't matter.

(bottom feeders. I've had about all I can stand of gougers like that)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
That's crazy!!!!
In the last Oaks show in Pa, Dan Tobin from Dansammo.com was selling Good Condition Yugo's M57(Police trade-ins) for $120 with 2 mags.
He had around 30-40 and they were gone within 30 min of the opening of the show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,771 Posts
yeah the only show I go to anymore is OGCA.

I'm not yet comfortable shelling out 8 damn bucks at the Goodman show just for the pleasure of walking in the door to get told my shit is shit and their shit is gold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,913 Posts
Last one I considering going to was over a year ago,I got busy and passed it up on the first day.I went to the website which listed the entry fee as $12 bucks (which is why I don't go to any Oklahoma city shows anymore that's become the new normal price) or print this coupon and get $1 off..However later on the day of the show people were reporting on a local gun forum that the entry fee was actually $14 bucks without a coupon... :bsflag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,803 Posts
petros600 said:
That's crazy!!!!
In the last Oaks show in Pa, Dan Tobin from Dansammo.com was selling Good Condition Yugo's M57(Police trade-ins) for $120 with 2 mags.
He had around 30-40 and they were gone within 30 min of the opening of the show.

I was there. Prices wernt bad overall
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,000 Posts
Guy at one of the shows here has a chicom ttc for the low price of 1800. Lol.

Dan usually has some good stuff. Last show I was at I cleaned a single crate of 1999 dated Serbian 7.62x39 off his table before the doors even opened.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,749 Posts
You want to see some funny shit search Armslist for Jacksonville, FL $990-$1200 Romanian "Wassers". $1500 SGL guns, $1k++ for anything that says AR in the name. (I did see a Colt 9mm AR for $1500 which seems like a decent price but I could be wrong). You can get some awesome deals on non "assualt" weapons on there though, but if it has a pistol grip get ready to laugh, the prices are not even in this realm of what the market is. Its like all the crazy gunbroker ads listed on one website.

I have not been to a big gun show here in Jax, FL since Feb, the prices always suck and totally out of control compared to actual market prices for the firearms they are selling. Even in non hysteria times they are ridiculous. Case in point vendor had decent selection of AK type rifles and pistols. Century PAP pistol $900++, Century WASR $1300, Arsenal SLR 107CR (it was the mid length barrel 7,62 gun) $1300. Blew my mind, he must have got that 107 for a song or he was not aware of what he had, then to charge the same amount for the WASR :doh: , but according to the value mark ups of his guns that should have been like a $3,500 107CR! I know its probably only a $700-1100 in normal times, but I have never seen an Arsenal SLR anything under $999.99 for years here in Jacksonville from any of the vendors or dealers.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
25,780 Posts
I rarely go to gunshows anymore because of BS just like this. Its almost not worth it anymore unless your looking for slings, cleaning supplies etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,016 Posts
i went to a show last weekend trying to sell \trade my nib sam7k.
told the dealer $1300 or trade for a different ak. He says my pistol was a little high
and points to his single stack wasr 5.45 for $925. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,355 Posts
JoeMomma said:
I rarely go to gunshows anymore because of BS just like this. Its almost not worth it anymore unless your looking for slings, cleaning supplies etc.
THIS^ (I wholehearted concur) For some time now the majority of the vendors at Berea and also Medina are pretty much assholes. Once in a rare blue moon I find a decent deal. Now-a-days I only go to Berea about twice a year just for the abuse. :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,908 Posts
heartbreakridge01 said:
You want to see some funny shit search Armslist for Jacksonville, FL $990-$1200 Romanian "Wassers". $1500 SGL guns, $1k++ for anything that says AR in the name. (I did see a Colt 9mm AR for $1500 which seems like a decent price but I could be wrong). You can get some awesome deals on non "assualt" weapons on there though, but if it has a pistol grip get ready to laugh, the prices are not even in this realm of what the market is. Its like all the crazy gunbroker ads listed on one website.

I have not been to a big gun show here in Jax, FL since Feb, the prices always suck and totally out of control compared to actual market prices for the firearms they are selling. Even in non hysteria times they are ridiculous. Case in point vendor had decent selection of AK type rifles and pistols. Century PAP pistol $900++, Century WASR $1300, Arsenal SLR 107CR (it was the mid length barrel 7,62 gun) $1300. Blew my mind, he must have got that 107 for a song or he was not aware of what he had, then to charge the same amount for the WASR :doh: , but according to the value mark ups of his guns that should have been like a $3,500 107CR! I know its probably only a $700-1100 in normal times, but I have never seen an Arsenal SLR anything under $999.99 for years here in Jacksonville from any of the vendors or dealers.
Yep! That sounds like Florida!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
I've found that shows here in Florida are really hit or miss. The more rural shows are smaller, but seem to have more variety and better prices. I rarely buy guns at shows, but still manage to find some deals on mags, ammo, slings, parts,etc during non crazy times. For example, I bought an original barrel Polish AKMS kit at the Miami show in June for $200.

Nathan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,749 Posts
They used to have a good show put on by some collector assc. It was normally held at the Morrco Shrine Auditorium that used to have some good prices, I picked up a $15 Norinoc Bakelite mag and bought about 10 or 15 makarov mags from a guy at $5 each! but I have not been to that show in years. I have not seen an advertisement for it since I have been back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,908 Posts
heartbreakridge01 said:
They used to have a good show put on by some collector assc. It was normally held at the Morrco Shrine Auditorium that used to have some good prices, I picked up a $15 Norinoc Bakelite mag and bought about 10 or 15 makarov mags from a guy at $5 each! but I have not been to that show in years. I have not seen an advertisement for it since I have been back.
If it was in FL $un €oast or Shoot Straight run them out of town.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,893 Posts
I haven't been to a show in years. I used to get good deals at shows in PA. Picked up an M1A Supermatch for $1400 OTD. Got a factory HK-91 in beautiful condition for $1500 OTD a few years later. ALMOST got a HK-93 for $450. It was an estate sale at a PA gun show in Harrisburg. I had the rifle in hand and cash out when the dealer walked over to the guy I was dealing with (presumably a family member) and stated "No that was the original price tag...it's...ummmm...$3800." I just thanked them for their time and walked away. Would have felt pretty darn guilty for taking it at that price...but didn't know he wasn't the one "setting" the prices until after it happened.

Lately I think gun shows have become just that...shows. Bring out your wares and inflated prices and get the name of your business out there more than anything. The most recent show I attended (still been quite a while since then) had overinflated prices on almost everything. This was maybe 2 years after the barrel ban, when parts kits online were still decently priced but the fun show prices looked more like what we have to suffer through now for a kit with original barrel. Bought a few USGI 1911 mags for $6/ea and left. Maybe I'll try the SAR West show in Phonenix this year.

CMS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,803 Posts
JoeMomma said:
I rarely go to gunshows anymore because of BS just like this. Its almost not worth it anymore unless your looking for slings, cleaning supplies etc.

I go specificaly for that reason. Its so much entertainment and occasionaly there are some good finds. 2 weeks ago I bought a Romy bayo for $5. I wasnt looking for one nor do I need it but for $5 I could alaways use another knife. The guy had a box full of them.

Otherwise its just fun to hear how this high capacity 91/20 assault rifle will be banned soon!Along with other musings
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,313 Posts
I was at a show a couple weeks ago and overheard a dealer say, "I don't know what's up with these customers, they want to argue over every price....." I just laughed and walked away...left without spending a dime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,771 Posts
Rotdorn said:
I was at a show a couple weeks ago and overheard a dealer say, "I don't know what's up with these customers, they want to argue over every price....." I just laughed and walked away...left without spending a dime.
...the fine art of negotiation is lost on some people.

"What's yer bottom dollar?" isn't haggling..its lazy. Depending on my mood I say "that IS my bottom dollar" or "that's what I want to get out of it"

Again... there's a reason why I only go to the collector shows. maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe someday I'll risk a regular one. maybe..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
I have said it before and will say it again: I feel bad for some of you guys.

The bigger MT shows here, there's always a few dealers with fair prices, say $100-$120 over internet price, which with shipping, transfer fees,etc. and having to keep the lights on, I am plumb fine with.

Oh yeah, overpriced knuckleheads around.....BUT....lots of good deals around if you look :grin:

Norinco SKS $160 during the '08 Panic.
BNIB Weatherby MK V Deluxe in .270 mag for $525.
,etc.etc. lots of deals on mags,etc. Lots of good priced guns. Just takes some searching....ain't that part of the fun?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
For me gun shows are dead, and I refuse to even waste the money on the entry fee. The last bargain I got at a show was when I was 15 in NM. The guy with thousands of unmarked misc. small gun parts had a bag of 10 ga. paper shot shells that he was trying to sell for $5 a piece sold me all 30 of them for $5. It was the end of the show and he saw me looking at them with mild interest and said "kid, if you want em, they're all yours for $5. I'm tired of looking at em." I've never have owned a 10 gauge, but I had never seen paper shells before and they were pretty neat. kept going to them till i was around 20, but never found any "deals" since everything was usually at least 20% marked up than what I could buy from the local pawn brokers and gunshops. Picking up salmonella from one of the jerky guys was the last straw and I haven't been back in 13 years.

I have made some killer deals in the past few years by visiting local gun stores and through sites like guntrader. I honestly don't see why people bother going to shows anymore.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top