AK Rifles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin' to get away from the hacienda this afternoon or tomorrow, traded for a Century Galil and want to see if it's a POS or not. Scored some 1970 Lake City and some used Orlite mags, hope to see if it likes these.
Also gonna play with an AMD-65, it's one of my soulmates and can do no wrong, then stop by the pistol range with a couple favorites. Got a Bersa 380 that won't quit, my faithful CZ82 will be there in fine form too, can't get enough of that fine lil weapon.

t

· Registered
1,142 Posts
I was considering a range trip today, but it's too hot...decided to stay inside and watch the Red Sox vs Royals game. I'll probably go tomorrow though it's supposed to be even hotter. I'll be taking the PSL and Mosin PU's to bang the steel at 300yds.

· Registered
374 Posts
Nice I took the ole ladys henry L/A out last weekend then again I shoot whenever I want and if it's raining I just shoot out the back door it's nice having a 100yd range in your back yard and a 300+ yard range in the back pasture lol

· Registered
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well crud, Galil has a major FTE problem. Almost too much clearance in the slot on the bolt, pretty sloppy and the ejector might be a lil low. On the first mag (used Orlite) it crunched a few live rounds on top of another round headed to the chamber.
Laid the mag down on the bench with about 20rds left in it and 15 or so puked out've the mag all over the bench. Okay, let's blame the mag for a sec, try again. Lil bit better with the other mags but the FTE became pretty consistent so screw the stupid Galil for now.

Only other person on the line was plinkin with a bolt-action, visited with him and took me .0001947 seconds to spot the BOHICA next to him.

"Wanna shoot it?"

:twisted: :party: :banana: :twirl: :mrgreen:

It was a 24" Bohica on an Eagle Arms M15 plastic lower, long eyecup on the scope but a good picture still had me approx 1.5" away from it. Looked a surplus round over that he said he got from JG in AZ for $2, slid it in and closed the bolt.
Trigger was tough, took forever to get it started movin' but it finally did. I heard him mention how far it was to the break...just about the time I got to it. Eyecup wound up givin' me a love tap and for some reason my right ear plug hauled *ss but I got the zombie between the eyes so all was well.
Offered him a Gatorade from the concession but he declined, I complimented him on his rig and left it at that, then went back down to my bench with visons of a 33" in my head.

Loaded up and drove to the pistol range, there's two sheds but the tank top and short shorts at the one on the right helped me decide to hang a right. Some chitchat and then played with the Bersa 380, an AMT 380 backup, and a Sig 22.
Stupid gold colored tip Remington 22 HP's kept hangin in the SIG so set it aside. AMT was a blast even with 12" patterns at 20'. Bersa was in fine form with 6" groups, it's a DLX and would possibly make a good CCW.
Went back to the SIG with some Aguila SS, the chick and her chaperones shootin' 40's and 45's sorta got caught off guard by it. Yeah, gotta rack the slide every round but it's still a hoot. Hittin' to the left, I still haven't mastered the trigger.

Then the weather came. Dust on the road started swirlin', I headed out and almost made it to the highway before drops the size of quarters started splattering the windows. Took it easy on up the highway, it's a curvy FM road and made it halfway to the crossroads when the hail came.
Pea sized but a lot of it, so dashed into a carwash for a few minutes. It let up so I took off, got into town and the rain was blowin' sideways and almost rear-ended the car in front of me. WTF are you stoppin' for?

Oh, okay, my bad. Power line was down and tryin' to burn a hole through the street, took a pic of it and drove around and made it to the interstate. Got pretty rough the further west I went, visibility was maybe 1/8 mile at best, everyone was actually doin' only 20-25mph on Interstate 10 but only 8 miles to my hometown so no biggie.
Off the frwy and headed through downtown, wind was amazing and apparently the really bad stuff was just now makin' it here. Got to the outskirts of the hood when a powerline in the air arced, lights went out but all traffic was skeered sh**less (includin' me) so no major problems. Made it to the hacienda just as the hail started to fall again but the lights were on so the immediate plan is nuke some boudain and call it a day.

t

· Registered
8,159 Posts
Great stuff. Good to hear other folks were enjoying the weekend doing some shooting. Sorry to hear about the Galil.

Also went out today with the Thompson and B.A.R. but clowned around and didn't get time to shoot the B.A.R. The plus side is don't have to clean it down. But did get some time with the Thompson:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.