AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard about gun confiscations happening in NYC? I was just reading an article that gun owners in NYC have been receiving letters from their local police department listing the guns they own and asking them to either turn them in to their POlice Dept or move them out of state.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
American Citizens are going to have start making some hard decisions, soon.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
It's true. I was the recipient of all of my fatherinlaws firearms. He was given 3 options; turn them in, destroy/permanently alter them so that they could not accept more than 4 rounds, or move them out of state.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Here:

Screen-Shot-2013-11-27-at-9.31.12-AM.png

·
Super Moderator
25,766 Posts
I hope someone keeps track at the crime rate in that city, because I doubt it will even make a dent at all. I would not live in that State for any reason what so ever.

Edit to add:

Registration is ALWAYS followed by confiscation.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Bloomberg's minions are trying to get laws passed in Va. now to do this. Scary stuff. Good reason to be a VCDL member!

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
IIRC, this is not the first time it has happened in NYC. In decades past, they did the same thing with handguns. That is why registration in any way shape or form is never a good thing.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Standing on my soap box with my tinfoil hat on. I think they know what is coming and there is no stopping it. The less guns, ammo, food and preps people have the easier they will be to control. Shut down the mom and pop guns stores, grocery stores, pharmacies (thanks Wal-Mart super centers). SHTF the less places to control the things people need most the easier it will be to control.

I can name 5 or 6 pawn shop & gun stores the ATF put a heavy lean on resulting in them just giving up and stop selling guns.

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
Standing on my soap box with my tinfoil hat on. I think they know what is coming and there is no stopping it. The less guns, ammo, food and preps people have the easier they will be to control. Shut down the mom and pop guns stores, grocery stores, pharmacies (thanks Wal-Mart super centers). SHTF the less places to control the things people need most the easier it will be to control.

I can name 5 or 6 pawn shop & gun stores the ATF put a heavy lean on resulting in them just giving up and stop selling guns.
interesting associations you got there with Wal-Mart, ATF and mom and pop stores shutting down. While the end results of consolidation and constriction may be a common theme, the path that each took are self defining and hardly some grand master design tying them together.

Yeah, that is a little tin-foil hat tweaking there.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Have you ever seen how quick a Wal-mart super center can shut down mom and pop stores? Maybe not connected and most likely not. But! in the ends the facts will be the same. The smaller cities that have a super center will not have many other places to shop. The ATF IS putting there thumb down on small ffl holders. I have 2 friends who used to sell guns @ there pawn shop and know of two gun stores that have gave up there ffl because of all the bullshit and closed down.

They didn't build the hover damn overnight. I'm also sure they would never do anything to take away rights. Just the other day a guy told me they were going to try to take over the health system. What a crazy guy.

·
Premium Member
13,052 Posts
Let us hope and work to make sure we don't come full circle back to this senario from 1775

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.