AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
id say the shits hitting the fan. what do you all think will happen later in the summer when the hurricane season starts and those storms start raging through the gulf? "top kill" failed. by the time those storms brew up, theres gonna be a hell of a lot of oil getting thrown around.

id like to pass a big FUCK YOU to BP and the like, for giving everyone the runaround with this whole mess.

· Registered
4,474 Posts
I have been working in Venice LA, and if we have a hurricane before the leak is stopped and the oil is cleaned up there will be oil from Florida to Mexico and probably up the east coast.

· Registered
4,474 Posts
From what I have heard BP is taking most of the responsibility because they are the lease holder. More than 50% of the Louisiana coast is closed to fishing, shrimping and oyster harvesting.

· Registered
752 Posts
They are and they will be however its not like they're sitting on their hands. Those guys are busting their ass trying to get this fixed. This is also happening 5,000 feet below , its not like they can throw on a mask and tighten a nut and be done with it. I do agree that they should be held accountable and I'm sure they will be.

Sorry about the ramblings it's not directed at anyone here. It just seems that people in general think that this is an easy problem and its not.

· Registered
4,474 Posts
marlbroman said:
They are and they will be however its not like they're sitting on their hands. Those guys are busting their ass trying to get this fixed. This is also happening 5,000 feet below , its not like they can throw on a mask and tighten a nut and be done with it. I do agree that they should be held accountable and I'm sure they will be.

Sorry about the ramblings it's not directed at anyone here. It just seems that people in general think that this is an easy problem and its not.
+1

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shit. as far as i can tell, this entire situation is only getting worse. repeated efforts to stop this havnt worked. its getting worse every day. add in the rest of our economic situation, with no promising fix in the works with the oil, hurricane season right around the corner..

BP better clean this shit up and actually pay for it too instead of just saying they will. (let alone actually stop it)

i got enough shit on my plate that i gotta pay for.

call me crazy, but if this thing isnt under control soon... well then i just dont know.

· Registered
3,164 Posts
posted this earlier.. wish there was a tin foil hat smiley here. :grin:

2012 scenario :grin: -The oil leak will continue to 2012.
The entire east coast of the US will be completely surrounded by oil killing off all ocean life and access to food, contaminating natural resources like water and soil. Requiring all food to be imported. Creating increase in food cost and civil war. The US will be at war with the UK over this. Mexico will feel the effects and blame the US for not doing something sooner that will also lead to border wars..

Conspiracy theory :grin: -UK strategically creates disaster in the same place as katrina where response resources have proven to be low. Effecting 1/4 of the US at an accelerated rate. All while having complete control of the situation. Striking the US while it is occupied with two wars to create one more that will lead to UK once again owning the US.

· Registered
1,068 Posts
qbertquartz2 said:

The entire east coast of the US will be completely surrounded by oil killing off all ocean life and access to food, contaminating natural resources like water and soil. Requiring all food to be imported. Creating increase in food cost and civil war. The US will be at war with the UK over this. Mexico will feel the effects and blame the US for not doing something sooner that will also lead to border wars..

Conspiracy theory :grin: -UK strategically creates disaster in the same place as katrina where response resources have proven to be low. Effecting 1/4 of the US at an accelerated rate. All while having complete control of the situation. Striking the US while it is occupied with two wars to create one more that will lead to UK once again owning the US.

of all the conspiracy theories i've heard this may very well be the most outlandish. the brits have a standing army of less than 150,000 soldiers with around 35,000 in reserve.

even if we left our armed forces out of it, they would have a rough time with it considering there are somewhere around 250 million firearms in private hands. i know, it's all in fun........

· Registered
5,054 Posts
well, if the hippies weren't in control and we didn't have to drill 50-100 miles off the coast, 5000ft deep, maybe this thing would already have been fixed..

· Registered
3,164 Posts
badka2ma said:
qbertquartz2 said:

of all the conspiracy theories i've heard this may very well be the most outlandish. the brits have a standing army of less than 150,000 soldiers with around 35,000 in reserve.

even if we left our armed forces out of it, they would have a rough time with it considering there are somewhere around 250 million firearms in private hands. i know, it's all in fun........
:bow:
You got to add the blue part from my 2012 scenario plus all the South American countries and islands after the border wars. UK steps in after all the mess is over and can actually hold ground and win against Latin America.. LOL!
Then again I guess it would be nuke time. :smile: But again there are a lot of people down south.
A well fought war is kinda complex like Charlie Wilson's War. :grin:

· Registered
1,099 Posts
BigAL said:
well, if the hippies weren't in control and we didn't have to drill 50-100 miles off the coast, 5000ft deep, maybe this thing would already have been fixed..
+1. Its just too easy to drill for oil on land, where you can pull a truck up and drive the oil to a refinery. No, we have to sail out in the middle of the gulf and drill underwater, because we don't want to disturb some caribou.

That's not to say that if they were allowed to drill on land more that they still wouldn't be drilling out in the ocean, but it seems to me the smart thing to do would be drill the oil that's easiest to get to first, and then if you ever run out of it, go off shore and drill the oil that's more difficult to access.

· Registered
753 Posts
elvis christ said:
BigAL said:
+1. Its just too easy to drill for oil on land, where you can pull a truck up and drive the oil to a refinery. No, we have to sail out in the middle of the gulf and drill underwater, because we don't want to disturb some caribou.

That's not to say that if they were allowed to drill on land more that they still wouldn't be drilling out in the ocean, but it seems to me the smart thing to do would be drill the oil that's easiest to get to first, and then if you ever run out of it, go off shore and drill the oil that's more difficult to access.

The caribou don't like oil wells in there front and back yards. Drilling in ANWR would totally dick up pristine arctic wilderness. Just say no to drilling in ANWR

· Registered
5,054 Posts
Nobody like oil rigs, but they have to be someplace. I don't like power plants, but they are several in my area..

· Registered
1,099 Posts
Ranger-Medic said:
[quote="elvis christ":5qvaujsr]
BigAL said:

The caribou don't like oil wells in there front and back yards. Drilling in ANWR would totally dick up pristine arctic wilderness. Just say no to drilling in ANWR[/quote:5qvaujsr]

Have you seen ANWR? Its a barren tundra.

· Registered
220 Posts
This whole fiasco just makes me fuckin sick, we're capable of drilling and finding oil at 5000ft but we're not bright enough to have a plan to fix a leak?? Seems to me that it's not desired to be fixed YET. All the while our leaders(and I use the term lightly) fiddle and our nation continues down the road to our 3rd world status. Oh what a wonderful time to be alive :flush:

· Registered
5,054 Posts
What's their saying, "never waste a good crisis"...

I'm sure they're in no hurry, everyday it leaks out it just supports their agenda...

1 - 20 of 144 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.