AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your in Northeast Ohio, and interested in a GSG-5 Dicks Gun Room has them in stock. Picked up one yesterday, a little over priced at $595.00 but
I got 2 extra mags with it.
They also had GSG-5 Pistols, mag clamps and folding stock.

www.dicksgunroom.com

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Lets see some pics of that bad boy. :grin: It'll certainly raise some eyebrows at Westbranch.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics

My GSG-5, there are many like it, but this one is mine... I will call her Charlene :dance:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks sharp alot of people say they are not that sturdy...compared to a 10-22 but I like the looks of the gsg-5 been dreaming of 1 myself and I bet it will be a great plinker let us know how it shots!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I've been thinking about one of those for a good military style .22 . I'm currently looking for an Enfield in .22.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gbl357 said:
Looks sharp alot of people say they are not that sturdy...compared to a 10-22 but I like the looks of the gsg-5 been dreaming of 1 myself and I bet it will be a great plinker let us know how it shots!
I'll let you know, probably won't get to the range till next weekend.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
The one I saw was at PRO-GUN in Cuyahoga Falls, and was going to buy one, just for the novelty of the thing. But, at 600 bucks for a .22! Ferget about it, if it was something like 150 bucks then I would go for it. The thing just felt too flimsy, like a AIRSOFT, for that kind of money

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Great score - I have one and thought they were kind of flimsy at the time but the price was good and got it. But they're just so much fun and very accurate. The fact that my fiance has no started to enjoy shooting because of its low noise, comfortable fit (to her), and no recoil has made it completely worthwhile. And the kids I've let shoot it at the range with their fathers have enjoyed it a lot.

I later "tweaked" it with a $10 airsoft holo-type red dot scope, an airsoft MP-5-style verticle grip handguard, and an airsoft rectractable buttstock that made it all that much more fun. Since there's minimal recoil as it's a .22LR, it's just a great dress-up toy. Enjoy your rifle!

A quick photo before the vertical grip handguard

A friend enjoying it

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rayman1 said:
Great score - I have one and thought they were kind of flimsy at the time but the price was good and got it. But they're just so much fun and very accurate. The fact that my fiance has no started to enjoy shooting because of its low noise, comfortable fit (to her), and no recoil has made it completely worthwhile. And the kids I've let shoot it at the range with their fathers have enjoyed it a lot.

I later "tweaked" it with a $10 airsoft holo-type red dot scope, an airsoft MP-5-style verticle grip handguard, and an airsoft rectractable buttstock that made it all that much more fun. Since there's minimal recoil as it's a .22LR, it's just a great dress-up toy. Enjoy your rifle!

A quick photo before the vertical grip handguard

A friend enjoying it
Gotta love accessories :dance:
I think it's gonna be a lot of fun...

·
Registered
897 Posts
Oh no... I live within driving distance of Dick's Gun Room...

I might invest in one of these, I'll be able to shoot much more often.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SAM7A1R said:
Oh no... I live within driving distance of Dick's Gun Room...

I might invest in one of these, I'll be able to shoot much more often.
Just make sure to check their hours before you drive a long way, they are on their summer hours ( no Saturdays till after Labor day )

have fun :smile:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Is that the Dick's Gun Room in Cuyahoga Falls?

I used to run EMS up there. :grin:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Budoka34 said:
Is that the Dick's Gun Room in Cuyahoga Falls?

I used to run EMS up there. :grin:
yes it is.... 3010 State Road

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Flakvest,

Not to steal your thread, but I used to go there all the time.

Small world.

BTW I did the Medina show for years as well. :smile:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Budoka34 said:
Flakvest,

Not to steal your thread, but I used to go there all the time.

Small world.

BTW I did the Medina show for years as well. :smile:
yes it is.......

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
those things ARE pretty sweet looking, but for 600 bucks i think i'd rather get a decent .22 AR upper.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
There were a few at the GRB show in Houston, lowest was 441.95 + tax from MGS. I believe their store sticker was well under 500.

t

1 - 19 of 19 Posts