AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahhhh.........Russki Televizor! I get "Russia One" (among some others) on my DirecTV ("Pervei Kanal!!") and they have this series running called "Gateway of the Thunderstorm" (Grozove Vorota) and it's filmed in 2006 and it's supposed to be in Chechnya, right now. It's awsome! AK74's of all flavors (folders, wood, plum), PBS's, RPK's, RPD's, I forget the nomenclature but the fully auto, belt fed squad grenade launcher. From the two episodes I've seen so far it's pretty friggin' cool. Zamichatilna!

No subitles though so.......govoritye po Russki?? :wink:

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Tomovich said:
Ahhhh.........Russki Televizor! I get "Russia One" (among some others) on my DirecTV ("Pervei Kanal!!") and they have this series running called "Gateway of the Thunderstorm" (Grozove Vorota) and it's filmed in 2006 and it's supposed to be in Chechnya, right now. It's awsome! AK74's of all flavors (folders, wood, plum), PBS's, RPK's, RPD's, I forget the nomenclature but the fully auto, belt fed squad grenade launcher. From the two episodes I've seen so far it's pretty friggin' cool. Zamichatilna!

No subitles though so.......govoritye po Russki?? :wink:

You need to burn a couple of copies so we can send them around. Send me one and I will burn a few!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, that's IT.............cool.

And just like I noticed when I've been in Russia, they all (military and even some police) wear different pattern camo. I love it......... :goof:

As far as copies?? First of all I have no way to record on DVD, only VCR. Secondly, it's not a movie, it's a series like 24 or something. Every week it's different and you wouldn't know what's going on. Of course if you don't speak Russian you ain't gonna know what's going on anyway!!! Gloopi chelovek! :lol: If someone wants a TAPE, I suppose the next time I can catch it at the BEGINNING of an episode (1 hour) I'll record it. As a matter of fact I'll just do it next time I can and report back here............ :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
I fired an AGS30 which is similar to an AGS17 in Armenia in 2000. What a blast (litterally). I shot it at an old BMP carrier that was damaged in the war of Karabah between the Armenians and the Azeri's. It was fun but not very comfy, I kneeled down when i shot it. I should find the video and try to post it, we shot a lot of different arms that day. Mainly AK74's they also let us shoot an SVD bullpup type, i've never been able to find much info on it, it was suppressed. I'm going back next year and hopefully i'll be able to do something similar. Before the trip i had never heard of an AK74 and i was thinking in my head that the captain that was describing the weapons was full of shit. Low and behold i now have three 74's, a tantal and a krink. All still in kit form except for one AKS74 i built. McM

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was another one! :razz: There was a troop firing that supressed VSS in the program! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MauserMark said:
Is this a drama/action series, or a documentary series? I might be able to get that channel, I'll look it up tonight.
It's definitely a series, I've seen two different episodes so far. Right now the Russki squad is trapped in some ruins at the top of a hill and the Chechins are trying to blow them up, snipe them, mortar them, etc. The Chechins also have about 10 of the Russki Soldati as prisoners. The thing is I have no idea if it's a mini-series soon to end, a regular running program or what. I can assure you though.........it ain't no documentary!!! :mrgreen:

And as far as getting the channel? You need to have a special satellite dish to pick this up because it's a different DirecTV satellite (sat#95). I had to have it installed special for this programming. My wife is Russian and it was worth it if you know what I mean............ :wink:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SturmGrenadier said:
Tomovich said:
My wife is Russian and it was worth it if you know what I mean............ :wink:
No, Tom, we don't could you please explain to all of us innocent types just exactly does it mean? :grin: :razz:
:razz: :roll:

OK.........it's on tonight and I'm recording it. I can fit five on a tape. They're an hour and ten minutes long. When it's done...........well.........you know! We'll go from there.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bummer..........tonight was the first time I'd watched it from the very beginning. It was the fourth and LAST episode! :neutral: Soooo.........unless they play it again sometime soon I only have this episode. Let me check for a day or two and see the schedule and see what happens. Otherwise I would gladly mail this to someone and you guys could pass it around if you so desire. Saw some good closeups of triangle folders with three piece plum stock sets and plum mags. Also I noticed some FUNKY looking 74 brakes that must have been some type of BFA made to look normal. Anyway..........I'll keep you updated........ :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts