AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must have and a mix up at the factory, Thay useed Brown Bear green case's on wolf MC, Or maybe its all in my head :oops:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Thats how MC originally came, then they started using that polymer coated crap. Hopefully they are going back to lacquer.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
if they are going back to lacquer, i think ill have to get some of that. i like it much better than the polymer stuff.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
Vashthestanbeto said:
what's the matter between lacquer and polymer? both have served me fine.
the lacquer is better for storing. the polymer stuff rusts when left out for a long period of time, or if subjected to the elements. the lacquered doesnt rust. plus, the polymer is super super dirty when you touch it. i dont like that.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
As stated, superior corrosion resistance, seems to be less dirty, and most are sealed at the case neck and primer cup.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Hey strfy do you know what lot that came from?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Never had a problem with the newer .223 stuff in my ARs, but the laquer coated rounds are a m'fer after the barrel heats up....

·
Registered
742 Posts
I see, Thanks for the reponse, I went to check out some of my loaded wolf 5.45 mags and discovered rust on case surface,never paid attention to that before. I refresh them every 3 monthes so I guess it's ok, but I will agree that lacquer coating is better than polymer from now on.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ren said:
Donka said:
Thats what Id like to know too. :goof:
would it be on the box? or some where elase?

I got 12 boxs two where lacquer, (Out of a box of 25 box's)

Brown/Silver bear use's lacquer, Its same company thats makes Wolf (If I remember right) I figured they had a mix up

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
strfy said:
Ren said:
Donka said:
Thats what Id like to know too. :goof:
would it be on the box? or some where elase?

I got 12 boxs two where lacquer, (Out of a box of 25 box's)

Brown/Silver bear use's lacquer, Its same company thats makes Wolf (If I remember right) I figured they had a mix up
There should be a lot # on each individual box on the inside of the flap (near the pointy part)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The two lacquer box are,
P93 and P80

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
strfy said:
The two lacquer box are,
P93 and P80
I'm thinking you just got some older stuff.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Just got what I considered a great price on three cases, thought it was going to be the usual black box Wolf stuff and ended up with 124gr Military classic HP with a case number of P214, this must be the polymer stuff. Price was good and I have been happy with the black box Wolf stuff. I like storing at least a couple thousand rnds in black ABS 4" sewer pipe, put a cap on one end and a screw-on cap on the other, throw in a dessicant bag and I've stored 9mm stuff for over 30 years and its as pretty as the day I buried it in the back-yard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts