AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
APEX $130: https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_in ... iud66kvbf0

I bought one and it arrived with a barrel that passes the bullet test, not uber corroded. Best part is that they did a great job on the demil and the lightening cut is 100% intact. This kit is going to be a great reweld.

These are listed in the For Sale section of other boards for $220 and up. You could buy a new Ironwood butttstock with the savings by buying direct from APEX instead.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I bought one from them a couple of weeks back. It was completely slathered with cosmo, the metal finish was pretty nice overall, it came with a slant brake and cleaning rod. Handguards completely oil soaked, a little dinged up but overall good. Bore was a filthy mess of uncleaned corrosive shit, dirt, grease, and more cosmo. It cleaned up pretty decently though. Not a sewer bore, just a little dark, after a lot of cleaning. All hardware was included, including the buttstock stuff, just no stock. Front stub was saw cut, rear stub was torch cut. Front stub cut just barely caught the back of the lightening cut. All numbers match. Bolt and carrier in the white and have a fair degree of tarnish.

Overall pretty good stuff for the price though provided you don't get a sewer pipe bore.

·
Registered
206 Posts
turbothis said:
buy them up boys! :grin:
Well, if the kit is worth building looks as if you're the only game in town for welding these up for those of us who don't have the welding tools or skills. :smile:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks.. sounds like it is beyond my skill at this point. I have never tried welding but I am sure I could find one of my friends to do it

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was wanting to know if the bolt,bolt carrier,top cover,wood,recoil spring for the milled kit work on a stamped yugo?I'm thinking they will but not sure.

Thanks,
Stephen

G

·
0 Posts
I ordered & received one just recently, and it was in very good shape. Just a little frosting in the bore, but exterior wise very nice.

Now to find a line on some original stocks.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Stottman said:
|The only difference between a milled Yugo and a stamped Yugo is the receiver/trunnion.
...and a few cosmetic differences.

If anybody is interested, I'd be willing to trade a stamped bolt for a milled bolt in like condition.

G

·
0 Posts
I liked the first one I go so much I went ahead and bought two more.

The $10 dollar barrels are a steal too. Most of them pass the bullet test and, so far, they've all had strong rifiling.
Wish I could say the same about the barrels I've gotten from Centerfire. Handpicked junk! :mad:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Milled Yugo kit

Im just ordered one, if for no other reason, so in a year from now I won't be kicking myself in the ass because I didn't.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
how hard is it to build one of these? the torch cutting would have me worried(im not a builder, but for the price id get one) the current rebuild plates out wouldnt work, there is no lower trigger guard piece... i dunno, i want to get a couple but i think id much prefer the ak74 kits coming in soon. tough choice.

·
Banned
460 Posts
this kit passed bullet test,cleaned,bleached and oiled the wood.came out nice.orf matching receiver on the way.picked up a nice rear butstock for $30.kit,$130,receiver $249,$30 stock,fcg $30.for about $450 will have a milled yugo.great deal and price.will finish with rust or cold blue.ifd you sell the front and rear stubs to rewelders for $50,you could have only $400 into a milled rifle.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts