AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my baseplates from the Gunco groupbuy today. I ordered 20 and they cost me $61.05 delivered. Not exactly like the originals but they seem to be pretty good quality if not the cheapest way to get a compliance part since they will have to go on each mag. These will also work on a 5.56x45 Bulgarian waffle mag besides the Bulgarian and East German 5.45x39 mag. Will not fit on the metal 5.45x39 Tantal mags.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18502

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
They look pretty good! Lets see them installed when you get time. Maybe a bottom profile pic of each mag?

Thanks for sharing!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5.56x45 Bulgarian mag

5.45x39 Saddlebrown Bulgarian

There is some side to side play on the saddlebrown mag but I checked some of my other mags with the original baseplates and some of them do the same.

lousy pictures

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These will also fit the Bulgarian 7.62x39 waffle mags and the plastic 7.62x39 Polish mags. The orange plastic or black followers that were sold by kfranz and Thedukeryan midwestarmory.com at one time will also work in all of the Bulgarian and Polish polymer mags. This will give you 2 compliance parts for your 7.62x39 rifles using these types of mags with the baseplates and US followers.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have 10 on the way. Not sure what I will use them on, but I'm sure I can find something.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I'll speak up for the Grasshopper-san here...............I've bought A LOT (I don't remember how many) of his 5.45 floorplates and they are FINE and worth every penny when you shoot for originality in your builds like I do. :wink: :grin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts