AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’d love to learn the history more and more about my rifle,I know it’s the akm platform and is imported from Romania and just wondering how old it really is and just some history behind it,the trunnion is stamped 1977 has the triangle with the arrow pointing up I believe,all of the serial numbers match and all and it’s really been a great rifle so far I just wanna know more about it,would love to put a folder eventually on it once I get the new muzzle break in and also some Romanian dong. I am confused on what kind of rear trunnion I have and would like to know what it is as well so I can go ahead and start with the process of getting whatever extra I need besides the folder.thanks In advance I am new in this and purchased this rifle about 3-4 months ago and was told the wasr was a great starter ak and just want to make it a Gucci wasr eventually lol

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Welcome to the group!

While the trunion might have the date code of 1977, and the parts themselves were from the same time frame, the rifle wasn't assembled on an ATF approved receiver until within the last decade or so and then imported into the land of shall not be infringed.

If you want to put a side folder on your rifle, not a problem as they are directly interchangeable with the fixed stock. Just remove the screws from the wooden stock, keep those screws with the wood, and insert your sidefolder with it's specific screws.

Underfolders are a whole different ballgame as you would have to drill the folder holes in the receiver as well as installing the rear trunion for the underfolder which is basically a cover for the rear of the receiver. Lots of work.

Yes the WASR is a great starter AKM variant. Also beware of the AK-addiction as once you have one, they seem to multiply as you find others you just must have. :D :D :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the group!

While the trunion might have the date code of 1977, and the parts themselves were from the same time frame, the rifle wasn't assembled on an ATF approved receiver until within the last decade or so and then imported into the land of shall not be infringed.

If you want to put a side folder on your rifle, not a problem as they are directly interchangeable with the fixed stock. Just remove the screws from the wooden stock, keep those screws with the wood, and insert your sidefolder with it's specific screws.

Underfolders are a whole different ballgame as you would have to drill the folder holes in the receiver as well as installing the rear trunion for the underfolder which is basically a cover for the rear of the receiver. Lots of work.

Yes the WASR is a great starter AKM variant. Also beware of the AK-addiction as once you have one, they seem to multiply as you find others you just must have. :D :D :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you and yes it’s very addicting lmfao and I’m very knew to a forum but getting use to it and would love to learn as much as I can,I plan to become a gunsmith or ffl dealer as I just enjoy the hobby so much me the history behind so many guns and platforms and all I just love the history and specially combloc weapons have a soft spot in my heart.

thank you for being nice and letting me know about the side folder yea I’m not truly a big fan of the under folder where it can get in the way of your magazine, but would love to equip it with an aide folder and get a good Romanian dong as well on her and thank you for the info as well on my rifle!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts