AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad's Tommy gun finally came into the his FFL, now he's just waiting on the second Form 4 from the ATF. Unfortunately the shop owner doesn't have time to take it out before I leave, so I probably wont get to shoot it for another year.

It's in beautiful shape.

They let some monkey in the shop hold it too.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
One of the things I have always wanted, but will probably never own. Color me drooling. :mrgreen: She's a beauty!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
DrOoool! :twisted:

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Nice. Love it!

Story my grandpa told me once about a missing Thompson. During training for WWII, a Thompson went missing. Everyone missed their leave that they were scheduled for. On the boat over to England, a guy said to my grandpa "you know that missing Thompson, it is back at my parents house". My grandpa told him "don't tell anybody else that, they will throw you off this boat".

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Work of art right there :cool:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Woodsman said:
Would he consider adopting me and putting me first in line on the inheritance list?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You'd have some pretty fierce competition :twisted:

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Man, that's beautiful. My uncle bought an M1 Thompson for $2000 (INCLUDING tax stamp) back in 1992. He had the choice between an M1 and a 1928 but took the M1. Wish he had gone with the '28...If I ever get a Thompson, it'll be a 1928...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Templar said:
m0ondoggy said:
Templar said:
See my Larry Vickers quote in the sigline......

:thumbsup:
Does an M1A1 count? :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emf3JCJJuuc
Of course it does, but those old 28's and 21's have style......

Its Wookie Time!!!!

Congrats on your father's 28. It's beautiful! Don't know if it came with any drums, but I bought some repro Crosby drums for $200 that work great. I believe Numrich sued the manufacturer and is selling the drums themselves now. Also wouldn't hurt to pick up a parts kit while they are still "cheap" at $700ish.

Hope both of you get to enjoy it for many years to come. One day, hopefully many moons from now, it can transfer tax free to you on a form 5. NFA items transfer tax free to heirs, but I would have to look up any special regs for transfers to heirs in another state.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Panzerschreck said:
Congrats on your father's 28. It's beautiful! Don't know if it came with any drums, but I bought some repro Crosby drums for $200 that work great. I believe Numrich sued the manufacturer and is selling the drums themselves now. Also wouldn't hurt to pick up a parts kit while they are still "cheap" at $700ish.

Hope both of you get to enjoy it for many years to come. One day, hopefully many moons from now, it can transfer tax free to you on a form 5. NFA items transfer tax free to heirs, but I would have to look up any special regs for transfers to heirs in another state.
He ordered some crosby drums, but I don't remember what he paid for them. He got a 1928 parts kit from Sportsmans guide, and it looks like it was never even fired, damn shame.

I'm not worried about the transfer procedures. I'm sure the laws will change by the time it comes to that. If I have to pay $200 to transfer what will then be a family heirloom worth by then between $30-50K, so be it. and to be honest I'd rather not even think about that right now :neutral:. I'm happy to have my dad around, this is just a toy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice Thompson and welcome to the Thompson world. Question: Who made the receiver? I ask this because I don't see a Serial no.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts