AK Rifles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These things are almost as addictive as Black Rifles & AK's!!!

Note the Underfolder on it...

41 days and counting... :dance:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Thanks for the photo. These things are very interesting. Do you know what the letters stand for? Provinces? Resistance groups?
And, if I'm not too bold to ask, where did you aquire it?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5thShock said:
Thanks for the photo. These things are very interesting. Do you know what the letters stand for? Provinces? Resistance groups?
And, if I'm not too bold to ask, where did you aquire it?

The lettering has something to do with the provinces, not sure exactly what, though...

I picked it up at the "Souk"(bazaar or market) in downtown Kuwait City. I'm over here as a civilian contractor...for a little over another month.

40 days and counting... :dance:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
They are addictive!I'll have a couple comming in,in the next month,look for them in the "Marketplace"!

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
How big do these rugs come? I wouldnt mind putting one in my gun room when its done say oh about 10x5 foot sized carpet would do. I have several Persian rugs and love em, An Afgan war rug would be a nice addition. This rug your about to see i could have bought a real nice NFA item with the money i spent on it but its beautiful, the pic doesnt do it justice all the blues are silk. McM

Its a shitty pic but its the only one i have of it, BTW ignore the barrel.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Joe,most of the War Rugs come in approximately 2x3,like a prayer rug.I've seen larger ones but the shipping costs can go really high.

The rug in your pic,did you have it imported?I have an original Persian rug that my Dad bought in Iran back in 1971,I'll try to get a pic in a couple days.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Well let me put it this way, I'm Armenian and Armenians are known to be in the business of either rugs or jewelery. My dad's buddy is one of the largest rug wholesalers in the country, the rug i have used to be in the foyer of his house, they walked on it :evil: So about 20 years ago my mother saw the rug at his house and fell in love with it and bought it, we walked on it growing up. When my mother died in 91 my sister and i inherited the rug. So about 6 years ago i told my sister i wanted the rug so we had it appraised and i paid her half of the appraisal, now its in my livingroom on the wall never to be walked on again.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Thats a Beautiful Rug,I could just imagine how much it appraised for!

·
Registered
715 Posts
All I brought back were "Prayer rugs"......I use them to clean my guns on. "Eat Pork" , "Allah". :smile:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
This is what I would really want from Afghanistan, an Enfield Tower. I hear the going price is about $200 right now. That is not me in the pic.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Pave said:
All I brought back were "Prayer rugs"......I use them to clean my guns on. "Eat Pork" , "Allah". :smile:[/quote
:lol: ]

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm going to pick up a couple of more before I come home to use as "trading material" to help obtain some items I need for the AK's I'm going to build... :twirl:

39 days and counting... :dance:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts